The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: launching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

launching

is there really anything you can do to help your galant launch quicker? i've tried different methods but it always seems like it boggs out from a dead start. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks brett
    2000 G-lant ES

to be honest with you are automatic transmission isnt really good with launching.what you could try to do is push your foot all the way down on the brake and use your other foot and push the gas pedal down all the way at the same time.then let your RPMs rise up for a couple of seconds and then let go of the brake.

i had a Level 10 stage 3 auto transmission build in my g.it would rev over 4,000RPMs and the car would inch up way to much.after that i ended up getting some brembo upgrades and the inching up stopped.the take off was 100X better. alot of burning out but a hell of alot better launch and numbers

thanks man. is your g a v6 or a l4?
    2000 G-lant ES

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    You need more power to avoid "bogging" the stock engine is weak and the tranny is sloppy, its not meant to be fast in stock form
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Yeah i notice that when engine gets hot"running temp"'. Like after a 15min drive. it lags a little bit after a stop. I hope when i change my mani to a outlander and diamante tb will help a little bit. Also changing the pistons and camshaft will help a lot too. Like everyone says AT trans sucks specially 1st gear, when coming to 2 the rpm goes way to low causing the car to lag. :(

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

blue8g
    I just double clutch and then when i hit vtec my floor panel flies out because of the stress on the manifold

It's all good.....I sold some sr20's for a premium a week before racewars plus i'm slinging parts for harry

Alright so i'm pretty much screwed. thanks for all the info
    2000 G-lant ES

you need NOOOOSS!!

TGC WI/IL chyea boi!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    Yeah they kinda are, yours is truly the only good looking one i have seen, its so smooth and subtle. It doesnt scream "hey race me" it whispers "go ahead"

but to answer your inquiries: stop that, stop that right now. drive like a normal person.

TGC WI/IL chyea boi!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    Yeah they kinda are, yours is truly the only good looking one i have seen, its so smooth and subtle. It doesnt scream "hey race me" it whispers "go ahead"

Get a manual transmission. I'm waiting to get out of my break in period before I try any launches but I burn out on accident just trying to go sometimes. The difference between auto and manual is phenomenal in every way, especially launches.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

i have a 2.4l... stewis right ,you need more power. but even when i had my g turboed with a built block the stock transmission still bogged out. you need alittle more power and some upgrades in your tranny to let you rev higher like i told you.or you can just trash all the headache and do a 5speed swap

You don't think is the AT ECU of our car. The ECU is the one that calculate the RPM for the AT to shift to the next gear. If you could tune the ECU to shift in higher RPM will be the answer to the lag. but I think is a lot of programing work. But is true more power more compression will solve the problem for AT. U notice no problem when the engine is cold it has more compression because of the cool air coming in, after 20 min the engine bay gets hot and the intake mani gets hot worming the incoming air. Or you could go 5 speed, don't know the exact improvement because i don't have 5 speed.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

^lol why to much work... just swap with a 5 speed, its 1000000000000000000000x better IMO, and you get to decide what rpm level you want to launch at...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I will start my 5 speed swap tom. I'll let you know the difference after the swap. =)
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Icon8

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    You don't think is the AT ECU of our car. The ECU is the one that calculate the RPM for the AT to shift to the next gear. If you could tune the ECU to shift in higher RPM will be the answer to the lag. but I think is a lot of programing work. But is true more power more compression will solve the problem for AT. U notice no problem when the engine is cold it has more compression because of the cool air coming in, after 20 min the engine bay gets hot and the intake mani gets hot worming the incoming air. Or you could go 5 speed, don't know the exact improvement because i don't have 5 speed.
    ok what would be some good upgrades to the tranny. lol and yes i was going to say f*ck it and hook some spray up and call it a day. anyways i would have money to get upgrades but no where near enough to do a manual swap. don't you need a different ecu for that? and also what if i just got a basemap done? or would that not be enough?
    2000 G-lant ES

Experienced TGC Member
    Its not worth the hassle, just do the 5spd swap.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

TGC Regular
    You can do a 5speed swap for like 1k or less... Just shop around fool. You spend more money on trying to get ur auto tranny to launch better..

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    You can do a 5speed swap for like 1k or less... Just shop around fool. You spend more money on trying to get ur auto tranny to launch better..
    alright i'll look into it. i'm getting $1,7xx for restitution for some stolen dirtbikes. i've decided to only fix the one that i actually ride and it's only $6xx some to fix it. so what first? lower it or manual swap it. cuz one will have to wait for when i get taxes back. lol
    2000 G-lant ES

TGC Regular
    5 speed swap with be the most gratifying mod that you do to your G.. I would do that first..

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    I just double clutch and then when i hit vtec my floor panel flies out because of the stress on the manifold

It's all good.....I sold some sr20's for a premium a week before racewars plus i'm slinging parts for harry
    Why are you always talking about your Honda when this has nothing to do with it. We are talking about the auto tranny on a Mitsubishi not Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by galant108 View Post
    alright i'll look into it. i'm getting $1,7xx for restitution for some stolen dirtbikes. i've decided to only fix the one that i actually ride and it's only $6xx some to fix it. so what first? lower it or manual swap it. cuz one will have to wait for when i get taxes back. lol
    Our cars really arent that bad at all when it comes to taking off...1st gear sux I will say that but after that you can feel the TQ pulling. Yes I can say that when it gets really hot out the G does have trouble taking off bc of all that heat killing the motor. The auto tranny is only ment for you to get from A to B, but I will say that mostly doing a 5 speed swap your car will pick up alot faster and tranny will run cooler than the auto. Just look around and see whos selling what on wither TGC or best bet Club3g.

I say the only auto tranny I have driven that was the best on a Mitsubishi is the Evo x MR. Damn thing shifts so fast

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast