The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Widest wheels?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Widest wheels?

So I'm new to the galant game but I'm ordering wheels for my car and I'm trying to get something that sits flush and go as wide as possible stagger setup in the rear, it's what I'm used to. I was looking at a set of 17x10.5 and I'd out maybe a 245-255 40 on it, +25 offset and I was wondering if it would just require some camber and fender rolling/pulling or are we talking foot past the fender poke?

Just for the rear!

Experienced TGC Member
    10.5 is unheard of in this community lol. Im on 8" wide with a 235 tire 35 offset and rolled rears with 2.5 degrees of camber and im pretty close in the rear, the fronts poke a little bit.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

I had 9.5 in the rear 35 offset with cut fender lip with 235 tires and I had room to run a 255
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I read on another thread that the widest on a G was like 9.5 with the right offset and tire.

Edit: ^^^There you go lol
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 08-07-2010 at 01:04 PM

4g64T 5spd

hmm just because you guys said its unheard of I may have to use some ingenuity and make this work haha. and I dont mind running -3 or -4 degrees of camber and not afraid of stretching tires ridiculously so this may work if I roll and pull the fenders enough

Hey guy I wanted to know who make poly motor mount for galant I have 03 4cy

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    hmm just because you guys said its unheard of I may have to use some ingenuity and make this work haha. and I dont mind running -3 or -4 degrees of camber and not afraid of stretching tires ridiculously so this may work if I roll and pull the fenders enough
    You'd have to either modify the rear knuckle or make the car a widebody to accommodate a 10.5" wheel. 10" might] be doable with heavily radiused rear fenders, shaved rear knuckle, and +20 to +25mm wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    have you ever owned or been friends with the owner of a vw lately? lol. just messin around man.

coming from a lancer/evo community, it seems like the majority of people here are very hesitant to even just roll fenders to push the limits of tire fitment. there are a few exceptions, i know, and i'm not talking about going super-mega-hellaflush, but from what i can tell, a 245/40-17 on an 8.5 +35 with some negative camber, a fender roll, and a small spacer in the rear would be a perfect fit and dont know why more people aren't doing it. i realize i dont have a whole lot of room to talk, since i'm still in the build stage myself, but thats definitely the direction i'm headed.

believe me, there are people who have good fitment, stewi, reelax, 2kgalant, even dare I say I have pretty good fitment with my 17x8 +30 with 255 up front with 235 in the rear
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Lol no VW here just a 240sx on 18x9.5 0
    Offset wheels, rolled and pulled fenders, and -3 degrees camber

Stays Flossin'

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    believe me, there are people who have good fitment, stewi, reelax, 2kgalant, even dare I say I have pretty good fitment with my 17x8 +30 with 255 up front with 235 in the rear
    yeah, youre definitely right, i've been browsing quite a bit and seen a few really sweet setups, it just seems like a lot of others have hesitations about taking the plunge.

kouki, i just feel like 10.5 would end up having to be super-stretch tho, ie:
    http://forums.audiworld.com/picture....ctureid=209609