The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does our a/c use old school freon or RB34

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

Does our a/c use old school freon or RB34

After my swap, i have not had my a/c working, and plan to trouble shoot and fix it this weekend. So my first question is does it run off the old school freon, or does it run off the RB34 that normal places sell. I am also going to trouble shoot the wiring and see if it may be that as well. If i get this problem fixed, i'll be driving her daily.

94 and up all manufacturers had to start using 134. Another way to be certain is the port sizes are larger for the 134.

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    94 and up all manufacturers had to start using 134. Another way to be certain is the port sizes are larger for the 134.
    This is correct.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    After my swap, i have not had my a/c working, and plan to trouble shoot and fix it this weekend. So my first question is does it run off the old school freon, or does it run off the RB34 that normal places sell. I am also going to trouble shoot the wiring and see if it may be that as well. If i get this problem fixed, i'll be driving her daily.
    Also, you might want to get with eclipsh about what he did to make sure his a/c was functioning properly after the swap.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

thanks, it seems to be charging ok, but today i noticed the belt for the a/c unit was just hanging, and not attached... we'll see how that fixes the problem

problem, solved. belt was the culprit. a/c blows COLD again. So for engine swap, and 2g ecu swap purposes, the stock a/c unit will work with both. I thik i just made sure the a/c switch pin was in the right place.

94-95 was a crossover year, early 94s typically won't have R134.