The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hows your remote entry range?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

hows your remote entry range?

mine sucks, maybe 10 feet at the most. Sometimes the trunk wont open standing right by it, I have to move near the drivers door. I mentioned it to the dealer asking if that is normal and they pretty much said bla bla bla(we dont want to take care of it)

lol I used to work at a subaru/suzuki dealership and people complained about how crap the suzuki remote range is and the dealers did the same thing. talk crap and try and get the person to leave.

i get about a mile (aftermarket lol)

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Mine is about 10 feet aswell, but if you put it to the bottom of your chin you get a few extra feet lol, no joke

idk much about the 9g but on mine i got an autostart put in that unlocks the doors and trunk if its auto defentaly has a good range they say 1000 feet but probably more like 250

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    Mine is about 10 feet aswell, but if you put it to the bottom of your chin you get a few extra feet lol, no joke
    ^^ Lol this is true.

The OEM remote, gets me maybe 20-30 ft the most. This old Aftermarket Shelby alarm that i have is still in pretty good condition. I park my G on the fourth floor of the parking garage. I can start my car while walking out of the office building into the parking garage.

I get about 30 feet on my stock remotes.

i get probably around 10 cars away since im always double checking if i locked my car
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

I can control my car even I'm out of the country :) I can lock/unlock doors, engine start/stop engine, open trunk, open/close windows, car temp, check location, check speed, arm and disarm the alarm. I can add more if I want to like on/off your radio, fold/unfold side mirrors etc.....
    Last edited by zobgel; 08-10-2010 at 03:36 AM

TURBO= in the making.......

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I get about 1200 ft

Pretty far, at least across the street (75 feet?).

murkk
    Mines suck too! I was thinking on getting a remote starter put on...these winters in Jerz are killers!

I guess this should fix the range issue with the stock remote entry, and i could always come outside to a warm car!

anybody recommend any brands for remote starters?

mine like 2o feet,,but im getting remote start so hopefully it will help

8th and 9th gen galants

murkk
    What type of starter are you looking to get?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post
    I can control my car even I'm out of the country :) I can lock/unlock doors, engine start/stop engine, open trunk, open/close windows, car temp, check location, check speed, arm and disarm the alarm. I can add more if I want to like on/off your radio, fold/unfold side mirrors etc.....
    How's that possible?
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

^^ Must be with his iPhone.

The others, I've heard that when the remote battery gets weak the remote range goes down. I'm not sure about this, but someone might want to try it out. Also, if you are in a shielded area or lots of obstacles that can absorb radio waves are around, you might notice that you have to walk up to the car to actually get the remote to work.

mj23mgomez
    i hate when the dealer always so lazy or try to ask for more money just to fix something so simple

murkk
    Word up! The dealership where I got mines were trying to charge me $205 for a spare key! And them shits aint that good with range anyways! Lol

mj23mgomez
    lol i know right we should make our own shit

I've tried two remotes, the dealer gave me the well do to electronic interference bs line... Maybe its apples and oranges but my 99 Ford minivan can be parked right next to the Galant and work from pretty far away with the stock remote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast