The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2g wiring harness or hard wiring??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

2g wiring harness or hard wiring??

so i am able to get my hands on a complete 2g wiring harness from a 97 gst now if i used this harness instead of hard wiring everything in would everything be plug and play basically im gonna use a 95 eprom. i was orignally gonna hard wire everything and run the knock sensor and coil wires and swap the injector wires and tach signal etc.... but im thinking that just using this 2g harness would be way cleaner and easier so as long as i get the go ahead saying its 100 percent compatable ima go this route.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    its easier to use your current harness. if you do use the 97 harness with the 95 ecu dont forget to invert the plug wires as the firing order was different
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

ok so it is easier ok thats what i was wondering thanks man.

yea, just use your current harness and rewire for the couple different sensors. there are turorials all over the place for all the new things. good luck

question, are you planning on doing the DOHC swap?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

ya i have been planning this for awhile i have a 95 eprom and everything but the coil packs. i have coil packs from a 90 but apparantly they are differnt. my buddy sent me some and they got lost in the mail so long story short iv been waiting 3 weeks for coil packs. im going to get the eprom in there and finish making piping for my front mount. then once that stuff is done im going to do the head swap i already have everything i need minus a timing belt and headgasket. it pulls really hard on the sohc head cant wait to go dohc. just sucks cuz my ecu is constantly pulling like 10 to 17 percent fuel and after like 15 min of driving the ltft stay to far in the negative and i instantly go lean no matter what. the reason for this is because my car has a california clean air emission ecu which is basically designed to run as lean as possible all the time for emissions reasons. and with just a maft alone its not enough. as of right now i can beat my buddys 1g wit him on 14 psi and me on 10.

i have a cali emissions too man and it sucks. i have a 96 non eprom and a 95 eprom ecu. i have everything for the head swap just no time.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

ya i hear ya on that u get good pulls for like 15 and when u pin it before boost builds it just washs ur oil my oil gets so black quick. but she pulls good and strong ima do the headswap in a two part process for the ecu and everything. then do the head swap.

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    ya i hear ya on that u get good pulls for like 15 and when u pin it before boost builds it just washs ur oil my oil gets so black quick. but she pulls good and strong ima do the headswap in a two part process for the ecu and everything. then do the head swap.
    the ecu swap is best to do when going DOHC. maybe find a fed spec ecu for your year to hold you over
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

ya but i plan on doing the head swap like not this weekend but next and i plan on doing the ecu this weekend. looks like the hardest part of the ecu swap is putting in the knock sensor looks to be a bitch to get at. then i have to go find some shielded wire iv read it over and over almost memorized where all the wires go lol. its gonna be a luxury when i can actually hold a tune. it moves pretty good right now and runs good for a bit it runs like 15 to 17 degrees of timing under boost at like 10 psi i expect it to run less though once i get the knock sensor in there unless i can get it tuned perfect and have no knock counts. and as for federal ecu do those actually hold a tune better cuz i guess i could just get one of those for now and do everything at once?