The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to: Install OEM 94-96 Accord Lip on a 7G

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

How to: Install OEM 94-96 Accord Lip on a 7G

OP Notes: Yeah like the title states, it was a hit or miss project randomly created by me. I used Warren's 7gB front bumper even though I originally tested on a 7gA bumper (at a junkyard). If you're wondering about the 8g then yes, it does fit 8g there's a tutorial for that lol!

How to: Install OEM 94-96 Accord Lip (CD5) on a 7G

EDIT***: I test fitted this lip on a 7Ga bumper (again) and it fits

Before we get started, I need to let you guys what lip I'm talking about.....

This is an oem lip (or front underspoiler as depicted in this picture) found in 1994-1996 Honda Accord sedan & coupe models. You can find this lip at junkyards across the country and you can snatch one for a good price of $12-30 depending on the location. All you need is a 10mm and a 12mm socket and it takes 10 minutes to remove.

Here's what you need:

- Front bumper from a USDM 7G (1994-1998)
    - some sort of cutting tool (Dremel, power cutter, heavy duty scissors) (omit that not necessary)
    - double sided tape
    - about 16 lathe screws /w washers
    - Phillip head screwdriver/drill head

NOTE: You do not need to cut the upper tab. You need it to screw in under the bumper.

EDIT***: I discovered not to cut the entire top tab to make it fit since it was designed as an underspoiler.

We added double sided tape and then laced it with screws. Since it was a 95% fit no heat gun is necessary like a Mugen lip would.

And wala.... it fits

Last edited by G-spot; 06-14-2011 at 01:57 PM

hoo nice, anyone have done it whit the 94-96 bumper?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

yes look different because you bumper it strait it may just goo in better

since this lip^ fits then the 4 gen(92-96) honda preludes lip will fit as well. since those luders run a lot of accord lips with barely any modification.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

maybe give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by raks_22 View Post
    hoo nice, anyone have done it whit the 94-96 bumper?
    Yes, if you notice on the "OP Notes" it was mention that I first test fitted with the 94-96 bumper. It actually fits better than the 97-98 bumpers.

i cant find that lip NO WHERE =(... btw sides on accord fit?

I have been running this lip on my 7g for almost 3 years now. Install on a 7ga bumper is super easy as well.