The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Halo Projector question...Brighter Halo?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Halo Projector question...Brighter Halo?

Hey guys,

I have a set of halo projectors that I just installed the other day, but my Halos are not that bright and really only visible without the headlights on at night. Does anyone know of a way to brighten the rings when lit up?

And yes I searched but couldnt find anything helpful.

Thanks guys!
    Nick

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I´ve seen people that changes the leds on them, member BGR and 03-galant-es has done it, or open them and put some ccfl halos, about getting them to be seen when the heads are lit that i dont think that posible unless the halos are a different color than the light of the heads, personally I have ccfl halos on my oem heads and they cant be seen if the heads are on.

4g64T 5spd

I imagine changing the LEDs are the easier way to go, but how would I go about that? Any idea as to which LEDs to replace them with?

If I wanted to change the Halos what would I need to do?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCamiolo View Post
    I imagine changing the LEDs are the easier way to go, but how would I go about that? Any idea as to which LEDs to replace them with?

If I wanted to change the Halos what would I need to do?
    PM member 03-Galant-Es he did it with amber leds i think 194.

4g64T 5spd

The halos on my projectors I ordered from e-bay were too dim for my liking, I ordered replacement led 194s from ledlight.com and now the brightness is there to be seen during the day. (I just stuck with white color)

If you were to do leds, go with SMDs led. They are way brighter than a regular led.

IMO, the best option would to be get CCFL. Ive seen a few with them and they are alot brighter than the SMD. It will require more work to get the CCFLs in there though.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    BGR did it as well, he ended up putting in Amber LED's and it came out really nice, but as far as the visibility goes I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, and like OMEGA PHX said if you want the halos to been seen, go for a color that contrasts with your headlight beams