Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    truett9

7g suspention

how can i make my suspention better for cheap

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    you cant for cheap
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

For cheap you can read. Read a lot. Learn how your suspension works, what mods are best for your goals and then plan ahead. When you have money you'll know what you need to do and in which order.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

For cheap....roll stock

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

truett9
    what about for like anywhere between 100 to 300 $

you can get springs and shocks for about $400

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

For $100-300, IF you do your own work your best bet is urethane suspension bushings and a used rear sway bar from a GS-T. You really don't want to go cheap on shocks or springs as they'll ruin how the car rides and performs. It may corner flatter with a cheap set of stiff springs but without good shocks your car gets upset by bumps easier, meaning you can loose grip while in a corner, and generally rides worse than it will now (the ricer bounce). Good shocks cost money. Even the entry level KYB AGX is out of your price range. Quality shocks like Bilstein or Koni are more.

Again, read as much as you can, decide what you want the car to drive like (be realistic), set your goals and make a budget. You'll save time, money and headaches if you do it right the first time. Learn from the mistakes of others. Look at all the people on here who have gone through multiple revisions on their setups and the money and time it cost them. You can also read up on the 2G Road Race Tech Guide over at DSM Tuners since the design is the exact same as a 2G GS / GS-T setup.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/tech.html

Here is a suspension FAQ to go with that:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/freq...sion-faqs.html
    Last edited by eclipsh; 08-14-2010 at 09:15 AM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

i forgot to say a used set lol

$300 is too low thats how much my springs cost

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

yeah I was gonna say....I got my eibachs for like 250, my shocks were about 300 and some change, plus the 120 for the suspension bushings. This is the cheap setup and as you can see it runs about 700 bucks! There are some coilovers you can buy complete for 800 or so. Read and figure out what you are looking to do

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I might be selling my new inbox kyb agx's and news in box B&G springs.
    97 galant... Parts ordered
    07 Ford Edge...family hauler
    02 basset hound.. Low and speedy

for cheap you can get some high quality tires and some decent oe quality replacement struts.

that will make your suspension "better"

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    for cheap... sell your G and get a civic.

you can wait 2 weeks im going to sell my 6 month megan racing lowering springs