The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I am getting new foglights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37

I am getting new foglights

My old fogs have been busted for about a year so I can going to replace them with these. I am going to replace them with some LED to help clear out traffic when I have to make a run to the fire station for a call.

Click on photo for video.

Last edited by Team Helotes; 08-13-2010 at 11:38 PM

they look like trailer lights.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

why not get actual foglights? those do indeed look like led marker lights instead of fog lights.

if those are led lights you can change it to a color you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    that's not really the point... unless they are rear fog lights. those don't appear to be able to put any significant light on the road or shoulder in low visibility conditions, hence not fog lights.

I never used my foglights anyway. They are for fire deptment use. Did you guys watch the video or just look at the photo? They are the same LEDs the police are mounting down low on the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    No changing color they are red only.

there's a video?

says video not found

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    video worked for me lol

fixed?

When I click on the photo it opens a window of photobucket for me.

If not here is a link the site that sells them. It has a video on there.
    http://www.strobesnmore.com/whelen-e...super-led.html

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    video worked for me, they just flash reelax your not missing much. I say get real fog lights, those will get you in trouble.

Just so you know if you do install those and get pulled over for them they are an imediate ticket+repair summons....if the police happen to tow you to inspect them and discover they are the same police issue lights its an immediate impound/seizure for several laws including impersonating a police vehicle. If you want strobes in your fog area just get a bike strobe kit and use your factory bulb housing to hold and protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    Just so you know if you do install those and get pulled over for them they are an imediate ticket+repair summons....if the police happen to tow you to inspect them and discover they are the same police issue lights its an immediate impound/seizure for several laws including impersonating a police vehicle. If you want strobes in your fog area just get a bike strobe kit and use your factory bulb housing to hold and protect them.
    Not in Texas I can have them on my car for Fire Dept use. I already have several others on the car. My truck is also decked out and I even have a siren on it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    I was going to say, I guess no one read the fact that they were for fire department use only

edit: I have always wanted to join a volunteer department so I can deck out my car, but more importantly to help people. I just don't have a strong stomach to actually help out without creating an issue and needing help my self.

Dude if your in the fire dept it doesent matter what state your in. your part of emergency services................

This was a very frustrating thread due ti the fact that your original post made it seem like you wanted to replace your broken fog lights with police strobes leading us to try and advert you due to various nonos involving the switch only to be lead down a cat and mouse chase to find out your not replacing your fogs but removing them altogether to add more emergency service lights to your car because you are a fireman. Next time just say that up front and avoid all the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    I was going to say, I guess no one read the fact that they were for fire department use only

edit: I have always wanted to join a volunteer department so I can deck out my car, but more importantly to help people. I just don't have a strong stomach to actually help out without creating an issue and needing help my self.
    I have been doing it for 9 years now. I have seen some gross shit and have done things that are sick and very sad at the same time. I have seen things from a scratch on the hand to crispy burnt bodies x 3 in 2 different wrecks. I have spent many hours sitting on my butt doing nothing and spent 20 out of 24 hours on one fire call. Never pulled an old lady from a burning building but I have helped out some people in bad shape. The good feeling you get from helping them makes it worth all of the sick shit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast