The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan Racing EVO Radiator Install

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    TGC Regular

Megan Racing EVO Radiator Install

Well today I decided to finally install my Megan Racing Evo 8 Radiator today. First off the none mounting tabs line up. I had to cut one of the bottom tabs in order to get it line up right. Cutting the one tab allowed the other bottom tab line up and the top two to almost line up. The Galant fan doesn't bolt up, I used zip ties to hold it to the radiator. The bottom radiator hoses fits no problem but I had to cut about half an inch off the top radiator hose to get it to fit right. I also had to buy a longer run off hose.

You will also need a transmission cooler since the old one is built into the old radiator, that install is simple.

Last edited by remarque; 08-14-2010 at 05:23 PM

TGC Regular
    Ok I need some help, after the install and some driving around the car starts to over heat. I put about half a bottle of anti-freeze in after the install. And the brake and battery stays on for some reason can anybody give me some help.

TGC Regular
    Ok I got the overheating problem figured out. Asked my dad and he said there's air bubbles in the radiator, so I took the cap off and let the car run and added antifreeze as the bubbles escaped. Now I got to figure out why the battery and brake lights are staying on. And now my turn signals don't work. WTF is going on, let check the fuses and then go from there.

And I know the zip ties are ghetto, but they will do til I get the right fan. Hopefully in two weeks. And I will need a Short Air Ram filter because the old air filter ducting doesn't fit over the radiator properly.
    Last edited by remarque; 08-14-2010 at 05:26 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    why didn't you get a Galant spec radiator instead of an Evo? might be a dumb question since I'm not really into performance.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I understand if you going turbo you want some extra mod. But i think you over doing the radiator. U dont want your engine to over heat. The zip ties will get weak over time because of the heat. Just get the right fan for that radiator. For the break lights check fuses.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 12-25-2012 at 06:32 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

make sure the zip ties wont vibrate and rub a hole in your radiator core.

Its been a while since I've seen the stock airbox, but can you remove the air snorkel and have the air intake still work?

Also make sure the fan is snug against the radiator. If theres gap between the fan and radiator, the fan wont be working to its full potential.

Did you remove the passenger side fan too?

TGC Regular
    qnz: The fan is snug against the radiator, I made sure of that. And what passenger side fan? There was only one on the old radiator.

E_Emerson: I paid $99 for that radiator and its been sitting behind the couch for 6 months. I know its bigger than the old one, but I had no chose cause the old radiator had a crack in it and was pissing coolant. And this radiator is all aluminum, no plastic like the OEM one.

lil late but my galant came with 2 fans on radiator, my 4g64 and my new 6g72. actually using the 4cyl rad. on my 6g. cuz of some dui hit and run