The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cold air intake questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    gizmo'sgalant
    and btw my ram air with the cai cone does get better gas and just a touch more horse that you can notice however the problem i run into and maybe someone can help me with this is i only get cold air when i accelerate... when i am at a stop sign or stop light it gets warm...

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    I don't care how you feel about him, he made more power than anyone else with this platform
    sorry, this is kinda ot, but who are you referring to? not trying to be rude, i just want to look it up. is it a /63t conversion car?

nightmare, unfortunately for you, these guys are right. in your head you'll "feel" more power, but its not likely going to be anything realistically noticable. the reason most hondas sound the way they do is the small displacement, plus the v-tec, plus the lack of a cat, plus a crappy muffler design on ther cheap cat-backs. a higher flowing catalyst and larger exhaust piping will make the car more volumetrically efficient, but again, not very noticable except in the mpg category. naturally aspirated engines, especially four cylinders, require very heavy modding along with complex pcm tuning to achieve any big results

and op, i know your initial question was about mpg, and that is an easily definable number which, with conservative driving, should increase with the addition of a cai. all cars respond slightly differently to mods, some better/some worse, but the overall end result is usually very similar.

Wow there's a lot of serious noob butt dyno researching going on. I'm not gonna get into detail with this mainly because how long CAI has been out to the public, how old this platform (8G) is, and how many people already install one and chimed in on this for over almost a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo'sgalant View Post
    and btw my ram air with the cai cone does get better gas and just a touch more horse that you can notice however the problem i run into and maybe someone can help me with this is i only get cold air when i accelerate... when i am at a stop sign or stop light it gets warm...
    C'mon really? I hope you are just kidding around please just tell me you're kidding?

BTW, Blue8g was refering to the TJ/BJ duo and they would be rofl'ing if they viewed this thread (if they could just log in that is...).

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    BTW, Blue8g was refering to the TJ/BJ duo and they would be rofl'ing if they viewed this thread (if they could just log in that is...).
    G-Spot is correct (that sounds ridiculous haha) I was referring to TJ. TJ had a single turbo (GT35R iirc) 6g72 that produced 531 whp/551 lb/ft of torque

Although that engine blew, the car has been parted out, and he is done with Galants for now (although he does have something in the works for the future)

TJ's car domain

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3095252

dantheman
    8g-rider or anyone else, which CAI do you guys have exactly? i've been looking at a couple just can't decide

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    8g-rider or anyone else, which CAI do you guys have exactly? i've been looking at a couple just can't decide
    i have a generic brand from ebay, made by xyz tuning, only 48 bucks, well worth it, ive gotten an increase in mpg and a nice deeper tone to it,

dantheman
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-2...Q5fAccessories

is it something like this? cause im pretty much loooking for the exact same things you are in the increase in mpg an deeper tone

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-2...Q5fAccessories

is it something like this? cause im pretty much loooking for the exact same things you are in the increase in mpg an deeper tone
    yes the exact same thing, your gonna love the way it sounds, but one problem i found was that it didnt fit, so half of mine is the stock piping thats connect to the throttle body, and the rest of it is what i got off the internet, still gets me a deeper tone though and better mpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12