The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: speakers crackling, popping in rain

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

speakers crackling, popping in rain

Stock Infinity system in a 06 Galant. Twice now its made a loud crackling/popping sound when it rains.

The noise is not affected by the volume but turning the stereo off will get rid of the noise.

Bumps can get the noise to come and go.

It does not come out of all of the speakers at the same time, might only be 1 speaker, havent verified that yet.

Makes the noise regardless of input source.

Dealer was no help, guy at counter decided it was the antenna. I hope the techs do their own research. In their defense I was not able to recreate it using a hose either.

Does the sound comes even with a cd? Check all speakers. make sure the woofer cone is not broken. Also you could have a bad ground in one of the speakers. I will check all speakers first, and then check head unit wires. If the cd is clean, double check FM antenna

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

check your window seal and make sure water isint getting in your door and to the speaker when it rains.....is it any kind of rain or heavy rain? if you have a rear window antenna with the defroster on turn your defroster off ans see if you get the poping then turn it back on. If it only pops when its on you prob have a break in your window antenna from hot cold warping or a pull from the tints starting to bubble and peel. let me know if that helps

Sounds like a loose connection or you have a worn wire touching or just barely touching the body/chassis of the car. Rain probably shorts the wire to the car creating the crackle. You'll have to just trace the routes of your speaker wires playing with them while the stereo is on until you can replicate the sound. When you do you'll know the wire is bad in that spot.