The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

7g

Guys,

Can any of you tell me more about the spec of this car? Its a 7g 2.5 V6 DOHC with AWD

ie whats its original HPfigure quoted from new? Whats the best basic mods for more HP? Cheap of course!

any known common faults with the engine and drivetrain. (what is the engine code for this?)

Cheers for your help!

TGC Regular
    Sell it to me... LOL Beautiful car..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    welcome

your car is not a 2.5 liter 6A13 engine. it is a 2.0 6A12 engine. so you have the awd non twin turbo viento probably so you probably have like 150-160 hp stock. in the US we look for those front bumpers and the 2 piece headlights, and a few like myself have found them. the hatches are kind of growing on me. you can upgrade to the diamond edition bumper like i have and they have a high rise spoiler for the hatch. maybe a few ideas, maybe 6A12TT engine swap?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

yeah i want those headlights
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

The headlights will be up for sale, pm me an offer!

How certain are you that its a 2.0 and not a 2.5V6? I will only be able to check the engine number on Wednesday evening.

there is no turbo piping....that is tell #1. If you look at the engine in your sig vs the one on the car....that should help

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

the 7g cars besides in the us came with a 4g63 sohc or a 6a12 v6 in a non turbo or a twin turbo option. i will bet my car you have a 6a12 hahahahaha
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

its a viento. i think it is a N/A 2.5 v6. i got to find my recources for the JDM and EDM versions

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i know there was a 2.5 but i didnt think that came in that car esp since the main awd version was the vr4 with the 6a12tt so remove the turbos and have the viento. thats at least what i thought and have seen i could be wrong
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    there is no turbo piping....that is tell #1. If you look at the engine in your sig vs the one on the car....that should help
    This is another Galant i have, my sig is of my Legnum VR4 which sadly i sold a few months back.

I have been told by the seller it is definitely a 2.5 6A13. I pick it up tonight so will double check!

i never saw a 6a13 in that orientation, only in the 8g vr4 and legnum so hey thats new to me
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Considering it has 2500 on the intake manifold and the rocker covers are different than the 6a12, i'd say it's a 6a13

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    the 7g cars besides in the us came with a 4g63 sohc or a 6a12 v6 in a non turbo or a twin turbo option. i will bet my car you have a 6a12 hahahahaha
    When is good for you dude for me to come pick your car up?

I picked this up last night and indeed it is a 2.5 V6 with 4wd!

2 owners from new!!

haha in about 3 years i might consider getting rid of it for an evo and it will have a built motor huge turbo and awd by then

now for your car, how easy is the 6a12tt swap so you can be a vr4?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

this car is being turned into a stock car/track car !

I have my Evo 6.5 for road fun now the 8g VR4 is gone!

If anyone thinks they need any body trim off this or interior trim give me a shout as its all coming off!

if it has all 4 center caps i am interested as i dont have them for mine
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    if it has all 4 center caps i am interested as i dont have them for mine
    4 centre caps intact and present, drop me a pm with an offer!!

Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    4 centre caps intact and present, drop me a pm with an offer!!
    i have no dea what to offer. it all depends on shipping
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

on the right side of the picture. the shock tower is rusted through. and the left side doesn't look better.

i would fix those areas before it gets and worse

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    on the right side of the picture. the shock tower is rusted through. and the left side doesn't look better.

i would fix those areas before it gets and worse
    Yes they were bad, screw driver went straight through. We got them both welded up yesterday though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast