The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front Door Speaker Brackets

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

Front Door Speaker Brackets

I wonder anybody have a pair of aftermarket brackets if so were'd yuh get them from?
    I'm getting a pair of 6 1/2's and wanna install'em right instead screwing them to two of the four stock holes like i did with my old speakers

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    hmmm my 6 1/2" speakers came with both bolt holes for 6 3/4 and 6 1/2 ?(Infinity Reference shallow mount series)

Experienced TGC Member
    I didn't need any brackets either. I just had to bend a tab over a little to make all 4 bolts line up. I'm running alpine type s 6 1/2 if it helps.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    hmmm my 6 1/2" speakers came with both bolt holes for 6 3/4 and 6 1/2 ?(Infinity Reference shallow mount series)
    i have the older references and they didnt have it...im ordering the new references so i guess i'll hope for it

I'm looking to replace my door speakers and was told that 6.75 is the size but 6.5's would fit just fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoItsFelix View Post
    I'm looking to replace my door speakers and was told that 6.75 is the size but 6.5's would fit just fine as well.
    a lot of new 6.5's will come with the ability to mount to a 6.75 opening via elongated holes on a wider mounting face or adapter rings. so if you're going to run 6.5's, either hope they come with the proper hardware or go to an audio installer shop and you can pick some up. or if you're more of a do-it-yourself'er follow one of the how-to's on here about this, like this one: https://thegalantcenter.net/showthread.php?t=14978

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    I wonder anybody have a pair of aftermarket brackets if so were'd yuh get them from?
    I'm getting a pair of 6 1/2's and wanna install'em right instead screwing them to two of the four stock holes like i did with my old speakers

lol, thats how my speakers are sitting right now

i just took the plastic backing off the stock ones and wire tied the new speakers to it and put washers then srews.

i didnt think it would last but ive done it with 2 sets in the doors been over a year and no bouncing or anything i know it aint the right way but i never have time to order the stuff to do it right cuz i cant stand having a blown speaker lol

please post a link if u find 1 id like to do them right lol

nice thanks 4 the link orderin these when i get home