The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best EVO rom?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Best EVO rom?

Need good ROM file. I'm running dual ECU, EVO8+8g. Big16g turbo, with a 255 fuel pump and 565 injectors. Automatic trans. Does anyone have a ROM that they can send me which will put my G "close" to tuned.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    There are so many threads on this buddy, you just gatta search.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    There are so many threads on this buddy, you just gatta search.
    LOL!!!! I guess thats the help I expected. I have searched. I've used the search engine here. found very vague advice, "Evo 8 rom". Been to 3g, dsmtuners, about 50 evo sites.

I've found a number of evo 8 roms. I was wondering what others were using in their cars, maybe something that they've edited for a similar setup to mine. I know a rom from someone else isn't going to be perfect but I was looking for one that gets me closer that the stock evo8 rom.

u have a big fuel pump which will probably make you rich so i hope you have an adjustable regulator on there. I use 94170008 and it is a popular rom but tephra has moved to a one size fit all for certain mods so find out your rom id and match it with a tephra rom from Evom and play with it. No rom will put you close to anything you have adjust every rom accordingly. Change injector latency, scaling, maf scaling and filtering and stuff to your stock settings. Also Maf size needs to be changed.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

the stock evo8 rom is about 60% close of what you need. There is no one rom file that a random person can send you that will be your answer. You will need to adjust it for your own car becasue everyone's setup on here is different.

Thank you. I tried the 94170015 and it fired but wouldn't stay running.
    I went with the rom that cam with the ecu I ordered. disabled immobilizer, and some of the sensors that are giving me trouble codes. I have two left (wastegate and fuel pressure) that I have to cancel before emissions by the end of this month. It idles smoothly (1k), I suspect it will go down as it warms up. I was reading on fan issues. Mine don't come on.

I don't understand where you wire in that resistor on coolant temp sensor. So I wired it into the negative ground on the sensor wire itself. Was this correct, or did I have to solder it in to the boomslang harness,if so what pin?