The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: G64 intake manifold swap question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    00GalantX

G64 intake manifold swap question

My intake manifold just split on my 4G64 like it was made of plastic, and i've been searching for a replacement/reliable intake. Another stock g64 intake is out of the question, it's too unpredictable. An 200? outlander intake would been fine but finding one is my problem. Also i was looking at the 9g galants manifold gaskets, they are the same as the outlander and 8g galants gaskets, will it fit??
    If not what specific years of outlander intakes will fit.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Try looking at car-parts.com

Go for an 03 Outlander intake manifold and make sure that the trottle body comes with the outlander TPS and IAC. Also you need the throttle cable from an outlander...everything else just swich onto the outlander intake manifold, and try rocker auto parts. They make it simple to order parts and gaskets from there. Goodluck

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Experienced TGC Member
    I've done the swap b4. All you need is the manifold, tb with sensors and a new manifold gasket. 2 problems you will run into is extending some vacuum lines and you have to make a small bracket to secure the dip stick. I purchased everything from some spot in cali called ms recycling. It came out to about $450 shipped. That was about 3 years ago. Prices might be lower now.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4 View Post
    I've done the swap b4. All you need is the manifold, tb with sensors and a new manifold gasket. 2 problems you will run into is extending some vacuum lines and you have to make a small bracket to secure the dip stick. I purchased everything from some spot in cali called ms recycling. It came out to about $450 shipped. That was about 3 years ago. Prices might be lower now.
    wow yeah thats pretty high price there...I only spent no more than $220.00 and thats everything together.

Just keep looking around and you will find stuff alot cheaper

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

dont know were you live but i have an oem manifold if you need it till you get the new one i'm just going to junk it anyhow just let me know

PrityG-lant03
    Will that outlander intake manifold and tb add horsepower?