The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Full Axle Change

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Full Axle Change

The Va Alerted me i have a few k coming my way so im looking ahead at real modifications that will help and since i have the rebuilt manual tranny sitting waiting for install i figured id look at some other proper upgrades. Heres ahat i found so far that i think would compliment the tranny
    http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...With_Hubs/5522

im looking at this flywheel because its seems like it has a replaceable faceplate like the Fidanza but its built for increased power and i want to add a supercharger to the car:
    http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...Lightened/9695

and this clutch since everyone says Fidanza makes good ones for us http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...oint_One/10078

And heres The Supercharger ...Its the Ripp one so you all should know it
    http://www.rippmods.com/category_s/33.htm If you know a comparable one or a better one let me know
    Last edited by jubeiaire; 08-20-2010 at 02:56 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    wow that's a lot of money. Are you planning on making that power any time soon? We have only had one 8G owner ever hit that much HP and his car is now broken and being parted out.. sooooo yeah. lol

its around 6k tax free coming to me in next 3 months so ima finish the tranny swap with my reg money and get supercharger and axles with bonus money i already have the V6 headers in the garage ill just need to add some internal engine parts. Im trying to get all the parts together first before i install them so ive been ordering parts and just stockpiling them till i get em all.

Im also trying to have and not need because with cars constantly going through all the stages (unless its track specific) gets really expensive and im not really a reseller of my old shit.....i dont wanna end up with a stage 3 clutch flywheel installed and turn around to look at a pile of stage 1 and 2 setups that still work. the flywheel says it can handle normal and power setups so it should last and same for clutch set up....plus i dont ride my clutch-product or army driving.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    you wont need upgraded axles until your making 350+whp and actually racing the car on a regular basis. You would need to break about 5 sets of axles to make it cost effective to buy those DSS ones. Also if you buy the high end DSS ones they use larger hubs in which case if you break the DSS axle (yes they break, I have witnessed it) you cant even put a stock axle back in its place to drive the car since the hub is now larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    you wont need upgraded axles until your making 350+whp and actually racing the car on a regular basis. You would need to break about 5 sets of axles to make it cost effective to buy those DSS ones. Also if you buy the high end DSS ones they use larger hubs in which case if you break the DSS axle (yes they break, I have witnessed it) you cant even put a stock axle back in its place to drive the car since the hub is now larger.
    the one im looking at says "A custom hub to fit the standard wheel bearing and will have exact wheel and brake offset so all your stock hardware will still work." so ifim reading correctly the stock parts will go back into it.

However- Id have to be producing350 Whp and track driving to break these. Im not going to spend ubber dollars on 6 sets of axles (1st set is the set id have to replace my auto V6 set to go manuall) in order to say maybe i should get upgrades when i can just get the upgrade and call it a day.
    Cost effective is having Axles that dont break under the first 5 conditions that break the other axles.
    Last edited by jubeiaire; 08-20-2010 at 06:00 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    the one im looking at says "A custom hub to fit the standard wheel bearing and will have exact wheel and brake offset so all your stock hardware will still work." so ifim reading correctly the stock parts will go back into it.

However- Id have to be producing350 Whp and track driving to break these. Im not going to spend ubber dollars on 6 sets of axles (1st set is the set id have to replace my auto V6 set to go manuall) in order to say maybe i should get upgrades when i can just get the upgrade and call it a day.
    Cost effective is having Axles that dont break under the first 5 conditions that break the other axles.

Why do you think they would need a custom hub to fit their axle? Because it uses a larger diameter axle shaft and CV. This means the splines are larger in diameter as well. They say your stock "hardware" will work, because it will, a stock axle is not hardware, they mean like bolts, caliper brackets, etc. Like I said before, they DO BREAK. My friend had stage 5 DSS axles in his 350whp civic and blew the inner CV into about 5 pieces during a launch. FWD DSM guys break them too. The problem is when you break them, you cant put the stock axle back into the car to make it driveable again. So where ever your at when you break the axle, your getting towed home and then waiting at least 7 days before you get another axle that fits since they make you ship yours back for inspection prior to giving a warranty replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS