The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tgc texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

Tgc texas

TGC TEXAS what wrong with that its been over two year since nobady has freaking had balls to show up to any meets not even big ones especially joshua do you even got a galant dont bullshit like you have a life or job.
    Im married got a job and still come to meet, G-SPOT is in the service and got a job and gets to do whatever he wants.

TGC TEXAS was good but zac didnt fuck it up the people that didnt want to show up did. I about to go the army in a year hopufely i get to get sent over there in new york or CT sorry g-spot but i want to see more galants.

I would go to a texas meet but..I am in fact married and working 2 full time jobs. My balls were removed when I was a young boy hence the fact that I sound like clay aiken when I talk, and I don't own a galant. Oh yeah, none of this is true.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

nice guy but you would go to meet but your not in texas are you

Although it's beneficial for TGC events and to get aquainted with other area members, I can't force any of you to come to these events. I'm not calling anyone out and don't plan on it either. I don't control the destiny of anyone I learned that a while back. If its making a 200+ mile trip meets that's totally up to you, your time, and your financial situation. The one disadvantage about Texas is that the sheer size overwhelms any other states which includes road mileage. Try comparing that to New York, Chicago, or SoCal where it's easier to reach one city to another. It's a different world in Texas. It may be easier back then when gas prices, higher job pay/more work hours, and better life securities were a daily thing but now it's a lot harder to maintain it.

I know some are doing the extreme like scrounging pennies just to survive the next day but if you guys/gals still want some sort of a meet just let me know and I'll plan one soon. Most likely it would be either Dallas or Austin depending on the guest list. I'm not expecting a super, awesome turnout, but at least we get something done again.

well the scene, sorta died in houston for Galants and eclipse owners

I was informed about this thread so I thought I would rise from the dead and comment. I dont think we have met b4 if we did then I am sorry for not remembering. All good things come to an end eventually. Some people like myself tend to pic up new hobbies which consume the time and money that use to be dedicated to the galant and meets. Some people start to lose interest in their rides, this was also me. I recently I started caring about my car then got hit with mechanical problems. So I pulled my motor and stripped it. I will be rebuilding it back to stock form, I dont have the time or money for performance. Once I get it back running I will start showing my face and ride around. Like Pete says this is Texas, we cannot be compared to the other states. My advise for you is to embrace and support the car scence in your area. Meet new people and learn about other vehicles and mods.

Back from the dead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    TGC TEXAS what wrong with that its been over two year since nobady has freaking had balls to show up to any meets not even big ones especially joshua do you even got a galant dont bullshit like you have a life or job.
    Im married got a job and still come to meet, G-SPOT is in the service and got a job and gets to do whatever he wants.

TGC TEXAS was good but zac didnt fuck it up the people that didnt want to show up did. I about to go the army in a year hopufely i get to get sent over there in new york or CT sorry g-spot but i want to see more galants.
    Lol. why would you call me out like that? I got a full time job, 40+ hours a week, on top of that im taking 4 classes at HCC, i go to work and school on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Ill show up to the next meet, tell me when it is and i will be there.
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 08-26-2010 at 09:10 AM

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    well i am new to texas, but lately i just been doing my thing with school and have not really done much to the car. right now my car looks like shit and when I go to these meeting i like feeling proud of my ride and right now i just am not. I have some things in the works and hopefully she will be fully painted and kitted by Nov. and its kinda hard driving 200+ miles for a meet when i don't even know anyone near me in Fort Worth.

I know what u mean Dominicano about the car appearance.

Back from the dead!!!

Texas is just too big. I do not have time to drive to Houston or Dallas for large meets.

granted the last BIG meet i went to was in 07 we had a fuckin blast. i will happily drive to any meet in texas (once im done fixing up my baby) i have a good feeling i can revive the DFW mini chapter. oh and my build should start this weekend if i can get my flight out of hell paso

Quote Originally Posted by shortdogg2k05 View Post
    I dont think we have met b4 if we did then I am sorry for not remembering. All good things come to an end eventually. Some people like myself tend to pic up new hobbies which consume the time and money that use to be dedicated to the galant and meets. Some people start to lose interest in their rides, this was also me. My advise for you is to embrace and support the car scence in your area. Meet new people and learn about other vehicles and mods.

exactly!, all good things come to an end, all members which i had the opportunity to meet in person have "moved on" either to a better car or to another stage in life when priorities start taking place. I'm still friends with those members and im glad they have moved on forward. IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME but at least we all share good memories of those meets and what it used to be...
    Last edited by Mr Unique; 08-26-2010 at 08:03 PM

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I know im TGCNY not TGCTX but what if we were to start planning an all TGC meet where members from all states meet up @ a central location....This is probably not going to happen anytime soon
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

hey man we think all like we should do it

ha ha TGC-USA MEET FTW!!!

That's actually not a bad idea lol. Who knows what the outcome would be though.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Thatssssssssssssss Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have teamed up with the owner of Bullritos on Eldridge and Briar forest to bring you the first of MANY Bullritos meets!!!!

If you have never been to a Bullritos, I'll be the first to tell you it is AWESOME!!!! The food is fresh, never frozen and its alottt of bang for your buck!!!!!

The owner has agreed to discounted BEER and Margaritas!!!

She will also be giving out alot of free shirts and things like that, Also there will be free food giveaways as well!!!

I look forward to seeing you all out there!!!

Where:
    Bullritos-Briar Forest Its located ON eldridge and Briar Forest only a few lights from Westhimer!

1635 Eldridge Pkwy.
    Houston, Texas 77077
    281.759.7482 phone
    281.759.7490 fax
    Apply | Map | Feedback
    Fax-a-Bull | Bull(k) Orders

When:
    Saturday August 28th 5pm-10pm

Who:
    EVERYBODY!!!!!

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    dude really? a day notice for a meet, this is more for your local people you can't expect us to show up with a day notice for me its what a 4 hour drive.

you its ok but i want to see if anybody else shows up

I appreciate all the responses and why we have changed (or evolved) so much. We're not getting any younger. In fact, we're getting older. Back then we had all the free time to spare, spending meager cash on parts, and love going to meets if scheduled ahead of time. 5 years ago most of us wouldn't have the thought of getting married and have kid resposibilities that may overrun our lives. Not to mention with the economy, the proccess of going back to school is in big demand. Our biggest thought was will we ever be interested in TGC 5 years down the road? Although I use TGC as a stress reliever and a hobby of some sort I too will get tired of it and move on like rest of us. That also goes for Fred and Ricki even though you're still building the G you might just stand up one day and quit... Who knows what kind of hobby you're gonna choose but hoping for the best lol.
    Last edited by G-spot; 08-27-2010 at 01:00 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast