The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how can i install a cold air intake filter with out using the chrome pipe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 47

how can i install a cold air intake filter with out using the chrome pipe

can anyone tell me , how can i install a cold air intake filter with out using the chrome pipe that comes with the cold air intake system
    Last edited by galant juuuu heard; 08-26-2010 at 12:06 AM

how can i install a cold air intake filter with out using the chrome pipe

can anyone tell me , how can i install a cold air intake filter with out using the chrome pipe that comes with the cold air intake system but i still want to use the stock air filter i just want to eliminate that big box at the end ?

Auto zone and pepboys sells both the cone filter and maf sensor adapter.
    Last edited by G-spot; 08-25-2010 at 11:56 PM

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by galant juuuu heard View Post
    can anyone tell me , how can i install a cold air intake filter with out using the chrome pipe that comes with the cold air intake system but i still want to use the stock air filter i just want to eliminate the box around it?
    But if your installing a cone filter why do you want to use the stock air filter, could you explain your self better.

If you want to use a cone filter with oem tubing you need a maf adapter.

4g64T 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Spectre MAF Adapter
    Spectre Filter

done.
    Technically what you're asking is impossible. You want to get rid of the big box, but keep the stock filter? The stock filter sits inside the big box, so if you want to use the stock filter, you're going to have to keep the big box. The stock intake already scoops in reasonably cold air from the crack in the hood.

my bad g-spot im tryin to delete the other one but i dont know how to can you do it for me

well you can edit your first post with a totally different question so the thread can live on...

where can i buy one at ?

Autozone, Pepboys, ebaymotors.com

well someone told me that if i remove my stock air filter n install a cold air intake my check engine light will come on

yes it will

It shouldn't. If that's the only thing holding you back then just do the cold air intake it looks better and clears up a lot of room.
    Last edited by Stepsascend; 08-26-2010 at 12:18 AM

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

yea thats whats holding me back but i find a cold air intake on ebay for $35 but i dont know if thats a good one or not

any intake are good is your car v4 or v6

it a v6

yeah then you ok

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    yes it will
    Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    any intake are good is your car v4 or v6
    what are you talking about?

giving uninformed answers is the same as giving the wrong answer. stop answering questions that you do not know the answer to.

a $35 intake is worth what it costs... it may not be made well or does not have all the bracketry to support itself and not add stress to the throttle body/manifold. it will also probably not be CARB EO (50 states legal).

ur CEL will not necesarily come on if you install an intake as long as you install it correctly. make sure you plug your MAF back in after install and disconnect your negative battery cable before you start the install (to reset the ECU).

there is no such thing as a galant v4.

reelax i4 happy and its because the i4 intake manifold breaks easy

@reelax is a cone filter and maf sensor adapter is good for my car too

Quote Originally Posted by galant juuuu heard View Post
    @reelax is a cone filter and maf sensor adapter is good for my car too
    should work if installed correctly. lots of members here have done that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast