The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hydrolock chances

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

hydrolock chances

i just got a cai for my g, and the filter is preety close to the ground, had it for about 2weeks and it hasnt rained yet, i was wondering, what are the chances of my cai causeing hydrolock in the rain, if anyone has had this problem, PLEASE let me know what you did, or how i can prevent it besides making a short ram

If you have access to the weather channel please look up your local forcast. If by any means any severe storm/flooding may approach your area, keep a spare emergency jack and a flat head screw driver in the trunk of your car. Just lift the car up and unscrew the clamps that's holding the long pipe between the filter and the maf adapter. Attach the filter to the maf adapter using the clamp by turning it into a short ram intake. The process takes 15 minutes that's enough time to get it ready.

or you could get a bypass vavle from aem, i saw some egay ones but im not sure the quality of them

yea those are good ideas i had hydrolocking probs with my cai but i fixed them by goin turbo.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

i've been using an ebay CAI without any problem although i have the injen Hydroshield covering the filter (its not waterproof, but its acting as water repelent). And I live in north new jersey where it rains a lot, actually we just had a break from a recent storm for a week.

-RON

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    If you have access to the weather channel please look up your local forcast. If by any means any severe storm/flooding may approach your area, keep a spare emergency jack and a flat head screw driver in the trunk of your car. Just lift the car up and unscrew the clamps that's holding the long pipe between the filter and the maf adapter. Attach the filter to the maf adapter using the clamp by turning it into a short ram intake. The process takes 15 minutes that's enough time to get it ready.
    hey i think i like your method best, its cheaper i dont have to by anything extra

Quote Originally Posted by P'NOYcaL View Post
    i've been using an ebay CAI without any problem although i have the injen Hydroshield covering the filter (its not waterproof, but its acting as water repelent). And I live in north new jersey where it rains a lot, actually we just had a break from a recent storm for a week.
    x2 works great. But I take it off when it rains for like 3 days in a row.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

TGC Regular
    The bypass valves really dont work all that well. Your safest bet is to just swap into a ram intake.

hey thanks, i drove it in the rain for the first time today and yesterday, i was nervous, but it mad it through :D

In order to hydro lock, you would pretty much had to drive around in a FLOOD. Other wise you should be ok with just normal rain.