The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thoughts on this set-up?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Thoughts on this set-up?

Hey TGC i have been just throwing some ideas around, like DOHC swap, Evo 8 swap or stock turbo build. Well i need a starting point and i want to got turbo anyway i go. But i figured i would get a basic turbo set-up that would allow to do either three of my choices.
    Here is what i plan of accumulating for my build, please comment on what you think i should run, or not run, take out or substitue. Thank-you

Evo 9 turbo
    Meagan racing o2 housing
    custom down pipe
    rear cat replaced with high flow
    Evo 8 intercooler piping or upgraded depending on pricing
    MISHIMOTO Z line 28 x 7.5 x 2.5 Bar and Plate Intercooler or Similar ebay equivalent, all but OBX
    v6 tb
    HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve
    Either a DC sports or megan exhaust manifold not sure
    Angled flange
    evo 8 fuel pump
    subaru 560cc injectors(did some extra reading about the and decided to make the bump 440s here http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/13...injectors.html thanks for the heads up qnz)
    evo fuel rail
    boomslang conversion harness
    Evo ecu, plus the taxtrix cable, and software
    Boost controller, not sure on what type electric or manual or what brand Any recommandations for a BC???
    Evo 8 oil pan,(as i need a new oil pan soon cause the drain is getting stripped and put a cap on the oil return untill turbo)
    oil filter sanwhich adapter(brand unknown)
    Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold
    Halman Pro MBC from the looks of it
    Polyurethane Motor mounts and trannsmission mount

Of course i need to swap to manual first
    Fidanza Stage 2 clutch
    Fidanza lightweight flywheel+Oem Flywheel Bolts/ Fidanza's if they fit(From what galantman03 was saying is they are 1/4 too long so either cut them or OEM)+Pressure Plate Bolts
    3g trannsmission duh
    short throw shifter
    solid shifter base bushing, and shift linkage bushing
    + all the other parts needed for the swap

Any parts i forgot please feel free to add
    Last edited by mrg7243; 08-26-2010 at 11:38 PM

YES! i will pay attention to this thread... Good info, cuz i'm pretty much doing the same thing... but as for the flywheel, i have the fidanza clutch and flywheel, and imo, i don't think i should have went with it... revs way to quick, which is awesome in nuetral, but first gear is hardly nothing lol... PP bolts you forgot and OEM flywheel bolts... unless the flywheel comes with bolts... mine did.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    YES! i will pay attention to this thread... Good info, cuz i'm pretty much doing the same thing... but as for the flywheel, i have the fidanza clutch and flywheel, and imo, i don't think i should have went with it... revs way to quick, which is awesome in nuetral, but first gear is hardly nothing lol... PP bolts you forgot and OEM flywheel bolts... unless the flywheel comes with bolts... mine did.
    I was thinking this flywheel to free it up, and quicker revs partiality equal quicker spool up

This if from the research i have done between here and evom, club 3g has some good things but it hard to pick through the good info between the criticism lol

PP bolts??????
    As i find info ill add some things to it

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    PP bolts = pressure plate bolts. There are 6 bolts that hold the pressure plate to the flywheel (at least on the V6)

The Fidanza flywheel should come with it's own bolts that your supposed to use. I can't remember if people said they were too long or not.

As for the Fidanza revving too quickly: 1st gear on the stock flywheel is pretty useless anyway. I hate 1st lol. Sometimes I wish I had a Fidanza.. when I'm pushing the car, sometimes the engine doesn't slow down fast enough for me to get into the next gear when I want to lol. And no, I'm not double clutching, nor am I at all good at it haha

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    PP bolts = pressure plate bolts. There are 6 bolts that hold the pressure plate to the flywheel (at least on the V6)

The Fidanza flywheel should come with it's own bolts that your supposed to use. I can't remember if people said they were too long or not.

As for the Fidanza revving too quickly: 1st gear on the stock flywheel is pretty useless anyway. I hate 1st lol. Sometimes I wish I had a Fidanza.. when I'm pushing the car, sometimes the engine doesn't slow down fast enough for me to get into the next gear when I want to lol. And no, I'm not double clutching, nor am I at all good at it haha
    Ah okay lol thanks added to list,
    double clutching lol vin diesel quote time??? lol

get the wrx 560cc injectors. you will max out the 440s

dont get the evo intercooler. too much work to make it fit and it will look funny in the bumper

save some money and skip buying a cat. with the evo ecu, you can fudge emissions and not throw a CEL for a missing cat

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    get the wrx 560cc injectors. you will max out the 440s

dont get the evo intercooler. too much work to make it fit and it will look funny in the bumper

save some money and skip buying a cat. with the evo ecu, you can fudge emissions and not throw a CEL for a missing cat
    I would max out the 440s on 13 lbs???

I wasnt getting the evo intercooler this is what i was looking at

But wouldnt i fail the visual inspection???

just hollow out the cat then it looks like you have one but it does nothing and with my cat hollow and front cat gone (cali spec) i nvr threw any codes for emmissions only the occasional maf overflown and misfire from the turbo so i dunno *shrugs* if it comes down to it cant u always just bolt in a cat once every 2 yrs?
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

well the top cat would be gone compltely but the bottom cat is a whole flex pipe section i would have to make a new section without a cat

Do they have visual inspection in your area? If they do, then yes, get the cat. They dont do visual inspection in NY. FWIW, mishimoto is just another rebadge of Ebay parts. You can get any plate bar intercooler from ebay and it would perform the same

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Do they have visual inspection in your area? If they do, then yes, get the cat. They dont do visual inspection in NY. FWIW, mishimoto is just another rebadge of Ebay parts. You can get any plate bar intercooler from ebay and it would perform the same
    I get the car inspected in pa and there the have visuals unfortuently.
    Ah okay, i went though and say the only ebay ones that were there were OBX and i wont go for obx after my numerous bad dealings with them ill pay the extra 40 for the Mishimoto on ebay, unless i can find others, i really wasnt looking supper hard for one.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post

yeah the flywheel bolts were a hair to long i think about 1/4" so i just cut them with a dremel and TA DA! but i will change em this winter.. maybe... hopefully... lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I get the car inspected in pa and there the have visuals unfortuently.
    Ah okay, i went though and say the only ebay ones that were there were OBX and i wont go for obx after my numerous bad dealings with them ill pay the extra 40 for the Mishimoto on ebay, unless i can find others, i really wasnt looking supper hard for one.
    you should move to South Dakota..... We have laws for inspections... but we don't have em lol... you can get away with anything... lol

yeah the flywheel bolts were a hair to long i think about 1/4" so i just cut them with a dremel and TA DA! but i will change em this winter.. maybe... hopefully... lol
    ehhhhh i think i might just fork the moeny out for OEm bolts for the peace of mind lol, but good info
    you should move to South Dakota..... We have laws for inspections... but we don't have em lol... you can get away with anything... lol
    IDk i like my city, its killing me out here in Colorado, i have this small city and once you leave the springs there is nothing lol for 2 hours and then its not much lol.

lol i like wide open places though...

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

You should get a Golden Eagle vaccum manifold, and Hallman brand for the boost controller.

Goosey has used the DC sport manifold and he had to use 2 1/2inch spacers and had to cut the manifold flange tilt it and re weld it.

RRE sells the manifold flanges(spacers) http://www.roadraceengineering.com/f...andgaskets.htm
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 08-26-2010 at 10:19 PM

4g64T 5spd