The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: please help me!!!! on my 7g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

please help me!!!! on my 7g

i got a 1998 7g two days ago and the car is imaculant very well taken care of but i need to know the cheapest way to get more horspower and to make it look,sound,and perform sexy it's got the 4 cylinder engine and it has automatic with 209,000 miles my friend knows alot
    Last edited by joshperdew; 08-27-2010 at 03:05 AM

Hey Guys...this is my neighbor, I got him into the galants and wanted to get him into this community. He has the es european style, 4g64 sohc, auto, he's looking for info on exaust, turbo, suspension, hid lighting, taillights, headlights, body kits, and jdm parts. This is his first time with the mitsu's and he could use all the info he can get. If you all would help with info, it would be greatly appreciated and we'll get another bad 7g here in utah started. Shout out goes out to mko, galanttuner10, DOHCstunr, peanotation, and all the old crew on TGC. I'll get another g and start it all over again.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

seeing as i'm not on the list...........

it all depends on what he is trying to do. you can't expect to drop a few hundred and get the world. if you knew how much my exterior body mods cost me...... it's worth more than your car

you want a reliable set up? daily driven? price limit?

saying cheap doesn't help us

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    kolio didnt make the list? well your car inspired me to look into what this thing can look like and trust the body conversion costs so much its not even funny but is worth it

get some 16s or 17s, some kyb shocks and some lowering springs, rear disc conversion isnt too hard and helps the feel of the car, and i really say go 5 speed before modding the car for speed as its the best upgrade i have done to date
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

lmfao....I did say all the old tgc crew...:)..(that means you to kolio)..lol. He's Still into the body kit scene and hasn't converted to the jdm scene yet but i'm trying to weigh the pro's and cons of the body kit vs the jdm parts with him...lol. He's got the european front so were looking into the mugen integra lip, and looking into the g20 sides like mko used. Turbo wise, he's used to hondas..:p and the aftermarket turbo kits, he's starting to realise the untiversal aspects of the misu's, I.E. 2nd gen gst & wiht a little more massaging the gsx interchangeability, so we found a complete ebay eclipse turbo kit for 800, and we are still looking for the 3" gm maf and the maft gen 2. suspension wise, he wants the tien coils, and he's going to do the 8g tubular lower controll arms and the gst sway bar, the prothane complete kit, the prothane motor mounts also, he wants the brembo setup, so were looking on our local classifieds and j/y's for the 2g eclipse 5 lug swap and evo m for the brembo calipers and rotors and then we'll get ahold of the adapters. I've got him a line on my old gs disk brake setup for now. He wants the vr4 swap bad but I tild him we pretty much need to find a whole 2g gsx donor car and even then it takes a little fabing to get it setup right. (Thanks to eclipsh for the awd swap info) So were doing the reseach from this end...he just wants the galants he se's on here...lol. As for me, I miss my g, but dont have a license to even drive one so am waiting to get my legal situation fixed but thanx to you guys, i'm stuck on the g's. We'll get some pics of his es up soon, tx for the replies.

i thing the first u need to do is the 5spd swap, i u put a turbo on an automatic, it gonna make BOOM!

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

ya, I'm allready on the hunt for the 5 speed swap for him....lol.

hey, just wondering whatever happened to that GS head swap i was interested in. looks like a good start on your buddy. keep it going and remind him, jdm stuff fits perfect cuz it was made for our car
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i was just being a dick lol, everyone seems to forget my car and everything.

body wise jdm is the best fit that is bolt on. you don't mess with anything, it fits the way it was supposed to.

focus on the things at hand first. AWD stuff takes alot of work to do and isn't for the feint of heart. so don't bother with that. get your feet wet on other stuff first

5spd swap is the best way to liven the car up

you can restle together a turbo kit using parts from mitsu's the best starting turbo is a 14b. the ebay kit is garbage. its a waste of money. you can still spend that money and piece together a reliable kit.

suspension is also key, make sure you know what you want. don't do springs only to find out later you want coilovers.

there are like 5 other threads with detailed parts lists. i'll dig them up when i have some time. but figure out goals first

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    kolio didnt make the list? well your car inspired me to look into what this thing can look like and trust the body conversion costs so much its not even funny but is worth it
    i think about it sometimes and just shake my head. i ate i hard when i bought my bumper. but its all looks beautiful in the end.

i just wish people would learn to drive and stop damaging my car so i can move on and do the stuff i want instead of spending money fixing body stuff

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Great suggestions by Kolio.

Don't cut corners when you build your car..if you do you'll end up fixing again and doing it the right way soon enough.

Good Luck.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Not all body kits are bad although that scene calmed down alot over the years but there is a bad ass 7g around somewhere in my area with a drop,bodykit n 19's I think when I see it again I'll take some pics n post it. I'm gonna pick up a 7g for $600 from an abusive owner within the next couple weeks. So I'll be asking these questons as well. I'll be leaving the 8g with the wife.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Well guys, his galant is dead.......the head gasket went out and he doesn't want to sink the money into it...he says he needs a vehicle for work or he could loose his management position. We think the guy that sold it to him used some type of head gasket sealant shit to seal it temporarilly untill it was sold. It just all of a sudden started blowing white steam out the tail and the radiator is pressurizing. He's selling it for 600. Thanks for all the info, but it looks like The car is no more.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    look up the lemon law he should be able to get his money back

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

well i decided to keep it it's worth it to put money into and i got a sponsor who is paying the money for what i want i just need exact names of parts and he will do his best to get them for and they say i'll get a loaner when they put it in the shop i also got auto zone to help sponsor i have a phone inter view tomarow at noon to finalize it but i want a show car that i can drift but still do 10 sec in quarter they got the money i ust need parts if you can help please do and tomarrow i get my new head gasket but i'm shooting for the gsx swap thanks for all the help so far

look at Eclipsh's car, built 2.4 dohc, awd turbo. id stride for something like that. 2.4 makes more power and torque for the weight that the 2g/7g cars have compared to the 1g/6g cars.

i am going built 2.4 dohc turbo and hopefully awd

and also i think a well done JDM converted car will do very well at shows with some coilovers and a nice set of rims.

need any part names or brands ill help where i can (get me a sponsorship too hahahaha)
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

autozone is givin out 5,000.00 sponsorships left n right just apply but it's only in store wich sux because they dont have really what i need but a couple things lol its like having a new clothes but they dont fit

Where did you find info on Autozone sponsorships? I see nothing on their website.

The AWD and turbo conversions may be more than shops want to take on for sponsorships. I am actually changing my setup for the driveshaft to make it a 3-piece setup again thanks to snapping my last driveshaft and needing to calculate the numbers for rebuilding it.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

go to sponsorwhips.com and my boy jus gave me 94 galant he blew the motor but its all complete and new manual tranny
    so ya will it bolt up to my 98 or should i jus switch motors

Definately use that 5 speed. Probably easier to just move the trans to the good motor as to move the motor is going to require you to pull the trans. Read up on the 5 speed swap so you can make an informed decision about moving the trans. All things being equal , I'd use which ever car has the best body/interior as my build car. If one car has a sunroof then I might use that instead even if it means some additional minor body work. One last thing is the 94 7g had a had a raised area on the hood (someone once called it a speed bump, I suppose it was to accomdate the extra bulk of the DOHC engine that was available as an option only on the 1994 GS) that I personnally like. All 1994 7 gs have it. The bump was gone in 1995. There are some differences between the 94/95 engines and the 96-98 engines. Mostly minor things, i.e., location of the crank sensor. I am sure others will be along that can better identify some of the differences between the early and late 7g engines.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast