The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New guy, dropping for some questions!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

New guy, dropping for some questions!

Hey guys, this is the newbie. I've been researching a bit, and seeing as I have some (Massive) amounts of interest in cars I would like to start learning, from scratch if I have to, everybody's got to be a newb some day right :P?

But anyway seeing as how I'm rather new to English, just moved 5 years ago, I don't really understand some of the langauge. Like per example throttle body, MAS sensor (looking at the supporting mods section). Sounds like simple stuff, but if someone can guide me to teh infos! that would be great.

Also, for now I'd like to keep my 7g auto, due to family, school, and job. But if I started installing before my planned 5 speed-swap would it affect the swap? like would I need new specialized parts for the 5-speed?

5spd transmission, clutch pedal, master cylinder, slave cylinder, shift lever and cables, clutch and flywheel, brake pedal for a 5spd.

The swap is not that difficult at all. there are a bunch of step by step writeups on it here in the tutorial section.

I suppose the rough price is about 400$ right? not counting shipping or stuff like that.

And would you by any chance have a link to a good place to look/compare prices in the US? Hell new parts would be nice, but used ones don't sound bad. And is it a good idea to start working on the 5-speed swap first or miscellaneous stuff first like I would like seeing as how drum brakes are ugly and look uglier if rusted would I need new wheels/new rims? Pictures of my wheels should be in my garage. And I know I am getting ahead of myself but for that I'd need the calipers, a disc slotted brake, and the pads? or am I getting confused?

Soooo many choices here that I have no idea where to start looking in what direction xD

Hey give me a few days and Ill let you know if i want to sell my 5 spd swap parts. You can just drive down and pick them up
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

That would be awesome man. It doesn't matter to me whetever it is through a PM, or forums, I check it everyday, seeing as how I have no life anymore because of the new interest in cars :P