The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pressurizing crankcase

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Pressurizing crankcase

Okay so my crank case has been pressurizing i'm guessing for awhile, today it blew out the crank seal by the cambelt, one of the reasons could be be not running large enough breather hoses which i'm getting fixed with -10 lines and fittings, but what could be other reasons for this happening that I should check?

usually a PCV valve failure does this. If it lets air thru the valve cover down the crank case while youre in boost and thre you go. I used to have the same problem - I was advised to kink the oil dip stick tube so it holds better, but instead I got a check valve and put it between the PCV and the intake manifold, so as soon it sees pressure at the intake it closes and the crank case is not pressurized. Another reason for high crank pressure is bad piston rings / low compression/,

Yes, get bigger evacuation hoses and make sure you route them back to the intake pipe thru some filters or catch cans
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I had the pcv valve replaced before they started tuning, hopefully changing the breather hoses will fix it, but i'll get it compression tested when it's going again and get a power run on dyno to make sure there was no damage done

there are times when a brand new PCV valve is defective, so a check valve is an exrta insurance
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread