The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 00-05 Sebring Coupe LXi Rear Sway Bar = GTZ Rear Sway Bar???

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

00-05 Sebring Coupe LXi Rear Sway Bar = GTZ Rear Sway Bar???

I was at the junkyard this morning doing my usual R&D rounds when I came up to a 01 Sebring Coupe LXi. For those who didn't know, the 00-05 Sebring Coupe models were built in Normal, IL plant along with the 8G Galant and the 3G Eclipse. the Sebring shares the same engine components (4G64 & 6G72), the same suspension (both 8g and 3g), and the interior of the 3g Eclipse. This is the same for the Dodge Stratus Coupe models (ES, R/T)

What I didn't know until this morning was that the Sebring Coupe's rear sway bar design is the exact desgn like the 8G Galant's rear sway bar. I kinda figure it was a coupe design meaning it has a trunk rather than a hatch like you see on Eclipses. I took the sway out of the car an examined the stock sway bar bushings it came off from. All stock bushings has 2 markings on it: one with MR(something-something) on top arch & on the right corner it has a number designation of either "18" or "19" meaning 18mm or 19mm. The bushings I took out had the numbers "19" on it meaning it's the same a the 8G GTZ sway bar. I made a double confirmation on an 02 Sebring coupe LXi not too far from that one and it too had the "19". I then compared this sway bar to an 8G one and it was an exact replica. So......

So far I checked only the R/T and the LXi models I do not know whether the lesser models have these sway bars but it would give you guys a greater option to find a GTZ sway bar without finding an actual GTZ....
    Last edited by G-spot; 08-31-2010 at 12:56 PM

would the sway bar fit the 4g64 galants?

^duh

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

lol sorry, still a noob

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    awesome info man thanks for letting us know

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft