The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No high beams on new HID kit?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

No high beams on new HID kit?

This is a follow up on my previous posts about HID lights. I bought the lights installed the head and fogs myself (bi-xenon headlights, single bulb fog lights). Everything works perfect except my high beams don't do anything. The high beam harness is secure, however it is a little burnt on one side. I know it still works because if I run the lights and disconnect the high beam harness then the lights shut off.

Do you think it is the slightly burnt harness?

SIDE NOTE: my high beams worked with my original halogen bulbs even with the slightly burnt harness.

Thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    did you get hi/low HID kit? Most are just low beams. they are so bright you don't need them anyways

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    if you bought bi-xenon HIDs, that means they should have hi-beams. You're probably just not really noticing since the HIDs are already super bright as is haha

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Probably got the single beam bulb. I have the Hi/low beam bulb n with my highs on I can see a good 900 feet in front of me at night.

So if you want high beams as well your gonna have to get a whole new setup ie. hi/low beam bulbs and new ballist. The new ballist will have 3 connections instead of 2. 1 for the ground 1 for the low and 1 for the highs.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

what exact kit did you get?

it appears the bi-xenon kit u used achieves hi beam by moving a shield around the HID capsule. this means there is only one light source and the beam pattern is changed by this sheild moving... is the sheild not moving when you activate your high beams?

it seems that the shield is not moving. I have only tested them in my garage so maybe this is why I couldn't tell?

Quote Originally Posted by tcharger130 View Post
    it seems that the shield is not moving. I have only tested them in my garage so maybe this is why I couldn't tell?
    actually, looking deeper into the site to see pics of the replacement bulbs, maybe ur kit uses telescoping capsules... the bulb itself moves and the light source location changes the beam pattern (high beam the capsule moves to shine thought the slit at the bottom of the shield)... still there only is one light source so don't look for another light to come on. what u need to do is test it at night outside to see if the beam pattern is changing (lights illuminate physically higher, not necessarily brighter, when the hi beams are activated)... if it is, your bi-xenon kit is working correctly.

Update: I bought a new harness to replace my old one and the same thing happaned (no high beams). So for shits-and-gigs i ran a longer wire from the highbeam hid harness to the head light on the other side and viola it worked. I have no idea what is wrong with the setup on one side of my car, but i just ran the wires around my car and zip tied it off and all is well in the world haha.