The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gate C19

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Gate C19

Today I worked UA flight 541 frrom BOS to ORD. We departed out of gate C19. These are just a few snap shots of the flag being hoisted on top of the jet bridge. This gate is significant because it is the same gate that UA 175 left from on 09-11-01. UA 175 crashed into the south tower of the WTC, and was the only plane captured on video hitting the WTC. American Flight 11 departed a few gates down at gate 23. Both gates are marked with an American flag. Just thought I would share.

Last edited by UAL Tripple 7; 08-31-2010 at 08:53 PM
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

The pictures sent a chill up my spine after I read what you wrote. Thank you for posting these.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

I was in Boston a couple of weeks ago and I didn't remember that those flights originated there. Now that I look at the pictures, it is a little eerie knowing the story behind them.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    The pictures sent a chill up my spine after I read what you wrote. Thank you for posting these.
    have you seen the 9/11 film/documentary? THAT sent chills up my spine.. couldn't help but cry in the middle of class when we watched it.

Yeah it was a little strange knowing that we might be sitting in the same seats at the gate that they may have sat in. United no longer uses those flight numbers, and they no longer depart at 8am. They now use a 757 on the route rather than the 767. A side note is United 175 was in visual contact with American 11 on that day. ATC even informed 175 to make a turn to avoid a conflict with flight 11.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

Crazy. There is a short video that captures the first tower getting hit also.