The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SRI or CAI help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

SRI or CAI help!

looking for which is better but i think ima go with SRI can some one help me find one for my 2001 8g es

can you please post a link
    also found this one but not sure also need some opinion on it

http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsub...e00128749.html

also looking for a complete exhaust system preferably a bolt on also maybe some headers

i saw megan racing has one but need some opinion on it. here the link

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=2538
    Last edited by Keven; 08-31-2010 at 09:33 PM

Save a few bucks and get the SRI.

I would suggest you find a different vendor than andysautosport. Try looking thru our vendor section and see if they carry short air intakes.
    Last edited by qnz; 08-31-2010 at 09:59 PM

blue8g
    Dude just search

But I'll contribute

You won't gain much (if any) power from a header/cai/exhaust

for the sri... why don't you go with aem, which is a CAI and if you remove the lower pipe, you can turn it into a SRI. i don't know if other brands have that same flexibility.... as for the exhaust, i know a vendor on here the sells a megan cat back exhuast... hold a on sec...

Megan catback- https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=41571

SRI- https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=26995
    Last edited by Galantman03; 08-31-2010 at 09:43 PM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

i know i wont get much if any performance but ill just save and just buy the sri.
    i rather just buy a bolt on sri.

im looking at the vendor section and found some thanks guys.
    Last edited by Keven; 08-31-2010 at 10:02 PM

PrityG-lant03
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Dude just search

But I'll contribute

You won't gain much (if any) power from a header/cai/exhaust
    i dnt understand why alot of you say that you cant gain much from header/cai/exhaust but i still see ppl doin it so somebody is wrong..its jus common sense tho if u help your car to breathe better..you will get horsepower so why does everybody keep downing the basic bolt on idea..im not tryin to come at anybodies neck i just want to know why these mods wont do anything and can u support these statements that you make with hard facts...

PrityG-lant03
    Why would they make perfomance parts for a galant if they didnt do anything..shit is just not adding up to me smdh

yea that what i was thinking to i did a lot of searching and saw alot of people added theses basic mods and got some power out of it.

also im going to be buying from jm autoracing as they have most of the parts that im looking for.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    intakes and exhausts are just for sound and looks pretty much. all together gives you maybe 8-10 HP gain. Nothing noticeable, these are just to make your car seem fast and sound nice.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

PrityG-lant03
    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    yea that what i was thinking to i did a lot of searching and saw alot of people added theses basic mods and got some power out of it.

also im going to be buying from jm autoracing as they have most of the parts that im looking for.
    yea me too..fuck what these people on here say..ima do it anyway..gotta see for myself before i write it off as a fail

So now basic intake is consider to be a fail mod? since when did this happened? It wasn't like that 10 years ago...
    but i do agree with some it should be considered one of the first basic mods for any entry level modders. As you progress you can move to a bigger and better mod or you can keep the intake as many find the results "acceptable" on their personal level.
    Last edited by G-spot; 09-01-2010 at 12:19 AM

ok guys im buying the sri off of jmautoracing today and some black halos

Quote Originally Posted by PrityG-lant03 View Post
    yea me too..fuck what these people on here say..ima do it anyway..gotta see for myself before i write it off as a fail
    Don't take this offensively, but you won't notice much difference with bolt-ons with the 4G64. It's been proven. A member here dyno'ed less than 100whp even with intake/header/exhaust. But hey, do it anyway and see. Just don't be surprised when you come up with similar results.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

To me it just depends if you do it just for looks or for the performance, people that go for big performance know that those $200 for the cai and the other $200-300 for a catback don't make you perform significantly better so they save them and some more and go 5 spd and then do big performance mods. If it just for looks go ahead get them your butt dyno may feel a improvement.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 09-01-2010 at 07:02 PM

4g64T 5spd

yea im just going to buy the sri for now. but i cant decide if i should but the halo projectors for it? idk if it worth it? or just buy the hids.

anyone have the projectors from jmautoracing?

also idk what kind of bulb my car uses anyone know(sorry for noob question)

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    yea im just going to buy the sri for now. but i cant decide if i should but the halo projectors for it? idk if it worth it? or just buy the hids.

anyone have the projectors from jmautoracing?

also idk what kind of bulb my car uses anyone know(sorry for noob question)
    OEM headlight bulbs are H4, for the projector heads its H1 for both

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    OEM headlight bulbs are H4, for the projector heads its H1 for both
    ok thanks man.

im currently talking to jm for some more info for the lights.

do you guys think i should stay with the stock ones and just buy hids? or buy the projectors to?

also main reason i want the halos is beacasue there balck and i want some black ones

Stock Heads with HID can get some light on the road but also blind others, if you go HID buy something like 4500K-6000K to have the best visibility possible and not attract unwanted attention. The projectors with the HID's would do a better job getting the light to the ground and not blinding others, Also if you want a cheaper way to make your headlights black you could open them and paint the chrome bezel black(Not the reflector) like this:

Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 09-02-2010 at 01:01 AM

4g64T 5spd

Ok I'm going to be getting the 6k hid and stick with the stock heads but paint the inside.

Thanks for the tip

blue8g
    4300k provides the most light

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast