The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SRI or CAI help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Ok well ima at school now so when I get home ill order the hids and sri

Also will be getting the hid kit for the gog lights

PrityG-lant03
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Don't take this offensively, but you won't notice much difference with bolt-ons with the 4G64. It's been proven. A member here dyno'ed less than 100whp even with intake/header/exhaust. But hey, do it anyway and see. Just don't be surprised when you come up with similar results.
    damn so the glant doesnt even have 100 horsepwer at the wheels from stock?

Yea I don't mind I just want a nice clean car that why I decided not to go with the exhaust system

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrityG-lant03 View Post
    damn so the glant doesnt even have 100 horsepwer at the wheels from stock?
    I have read other members (think it was IcedOutGalant)that dyno'd there car before installing turbo and being 5spd they got 103hp. Don't know if they already had exhaust, and CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Yea I don't mind I just want a nice clean car that why I decided not to go with the exhaust system
    For the I4 you can install a Universal Magnaflow Street Series Muffler and its quiet and has a deep tone, for the V6 the Race Series is recommended. The race series on the I4 sounds a bit raspy.

4g64T 5spd

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    I have read other members (think it was IcedOutGalant)that dyno'd there car before installing turbo and being 5spd they got 103hp. Don't know if they already had exhaust, and CAI.

For the I4 you can install a Universal Magnaflow Street Series Muffler and its quiet and has a deep tone, for the V6 the Race Series is recommended. The race series on the I4 sounds a bit raspy.
    no....the I4 was quiet with a race series....

That I know of Stewi was the only one who thought the Race series was loud, and his is definitely not the same I4......

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

@blue I know you had the Race series, and i watched your vid and I liked the sound but RRE and some others recommend the street series for the I4.

4g64T 5spd

blue8g
    @blue I know you had the Race series, and i watched your vid and I liked the sound but RRE and some others recommend the street series for the I4.
    Meh....if I were him I'd go with whatever was cheapest *out of those* cheap off brand will be loud and ricey

There's a reason my Civic has the stock exhaust....I don't want to be a typical Honda ricer.....which is why I'm saving up for the Mugen or HKS exhaust...unless I can find the J's

I bought an eBay SRI... Sounds good. But not much power difference though. $40 bucks and it looks pretty good.

I also got 4300k HIDs... They give the best light. Anything else just looks cool, not much functionality.
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by thedrewbert View Post
    I bought an eBay SRI... Sounds good. But not much power difference though. $40 bucks and it looks pretty good.

I also got 4300k HIDs... They give the best light. Anything else just looks cool, not much functionality.
    nice im going to buy the injen on jmautoracing tomorrow and let everyone know

intake and exhaust gives you th 8-15 that everyone says but it helps the engine breathe better give you more fuel economy

the Magnaflow race series is loud and raspy. If you like that kind of sound or if you drive a Honda, go for it.

Stock Heads with HID can get some light on the road but also blind others, if you go HID buy something like 4500K-6000K to have the best visibility possible and not attract unwanted attention. The projectors with the HID's would do a better job getting the light to the ground and not blinding others, Also if you want a cheaper way to make your headlights black you could open them and paint the chrome bezel black(Not the reflector) like this:

im gnna do this did u tape off the crome around the light?

Quote Originally Posted by joegalant View Post
    im gnna do this did u tape off the crome around the light?
    it's a separate piece. You'll see what I'm talking about when you take it apart.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

yup i took mine apart today going to finish everything tomorrow let it dry over night. tomorrow but make oven stick together and put back on the car

ps im going to make a tutorial :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12