The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4k rpm issues..

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

4k rpm issues..

alright my g has a turbo/dohc and evo 8 ecu now im not 100% but i think this has something to do with my tune plz throw me a bone and let me know if anyone else has encountered this problem b4. when i go for a high throttle or wot run my car works its way up to 4k smoothly then drops off sharply to about 2.5-3k then hit hard as hell chirps the tires and shoots to 6k scary fast XD and then itll shift but at about 4k it almost sounds like I took my foot off the gas then just punched it. my cams are currently set to intake retard-6 exhaust advance-4 *mind you this is where she seems to run best* and if anyone needs it i can try to get a vid and post my ignition and fuel maps. thanks (hopefully this is something stupid i happend to overlook)
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

your RPMs goes to 4k then drops?

yea it drops as if i let off the throttle the whole car slows then it accels rapidly.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

ok ran another test run today and at half throttle it does it at 2.5k-3k rpm so depending on how far i open the throttle it drops off at different levels.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

boost or Vacuum leak maybe.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

hmm ill check but yea im also getting some ridiculous boost numbers too ive got a 8lb spring in my external wastegate and im hitting almost 22psi of boost when i jumps back on im hitting about 5-8psi b4 it falls off then it jumps to 20-22 instantly.

*im using stock tb which means our tps/other sensors and using the hyundia sonata head with its IM so im using its baro/map sensor does anyone know if they send a different signal that the evo ecu couldt read properly?. *im doubting this as it did this b4 i did the head swap or the ecu swap*
    Last edited by reiketsutsukigami; 09-01-2010 at 06:34 PM
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

ok another update for some reason when revving in park or neutral its pausing at 3.5k rpm then rapidly goin to 6k while making 15lbs of boost.. when in park ive never made more then 1-2psi now its doing this im a little worried. it shouldnt be able to make that much boost without being under load right?
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

sounds like a missfire to me.!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

hmm well ill try to get codes and see if its misfiring *and i forgot to mention im getting real lean *white plugs* but my exhaust temp isnt goin over 800 under boost and im running it real rich *used 1/4 tank of 93 octane+lucas fuel stuffs in about 3miles of driving so i dont see how its leaning out but sucking gas and exhaust smells like gas im guessing its hitting a lean point. but then the plugs arent getting sooty either. but spon car ive had misifirng issues b4 and it stumbles when it misfires but it doesnt drop off the way it does here its almost like it cuts off spark or fuel for a moment then lets them fly out full power.

*and i mean im running it reeeeaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy rich ive got wrx denso blue 565cc cranked up to 120psi making them around 960 and ive set scaling to about 530 ish and set fuel maps to really rich numbers even at idle im keeping it about 14.0 to 1 just doesnt make sense how plugs arent getting completely sooted out with that much enrichment going on.*
    Last edited by reiketsutsukigami; 09-01-2010 at 11:59 PM
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

ok after a closer look its not lean the plugs are yellowish so its high speed glazing.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

Try changing the TPS. I think you should change the stock I4 TB to an v6 tb.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

theres no way u can make 15 lbs of boost in park....

trust me i know qnz but somehow it is hence why i know something is waaaaayyy wrong with something but im at a loss as to what....
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

tmrw after i register and insure her ill put some more gas in and get a video of my *park boosting* so you can see it its really something else and ill get some logs too since i can finally afford evoscan this week *i was real broke* and ill get a vid of what it does driving too maybe that will help diagnose it.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

There is soooo much wrong and unknow with your problem that i don't think anyones ideas might help you hear. How about this... What engine/turbo do you have? fuel pumps? waste gate? bov? who tuned it? boost leak test? What brand is everything???

Answer these and maybe you can get a straight answer
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

i cant say for sure cuz i dont have an automatic transmission but id look into vacuum leak on the tranny. i dont know a whole lot about autos but dont they use vacuum to shift more or less with selonoids. i cant remember where but i seen a post similar to yours and they were going over how something in the transmission is ran off vacuum and isnt designed to see boost so when boost hits it freaks out i could be way off but worth a shot i guess. other wise as for ur high boost numbers could it be the trany is putting such a load on the motor when its free reving ur able to build boost exspecially with ur rich conditions. if ur wastegate was working properly with a 8 psi spring it should open at 8 psi so with u overboostin and the way everything u described almost seems to me u have a boost/vacuum leak somewhere and its just casuing a combo of probs.. just my .02 cents though.

X2. I was thinking about that. Early in the post I said to check all vacuum hoses. Check very carefully the Tb and intake mani. Question do you still have the stock intake mani? I said the TPS because a bad TPS could impact really bad the idle and performance of the car.

SOHC Turbo

alright well i went to fill her up and changed a few things i got heat range 9 plugs adjust exhaust gear to advance 2 degrees was at retard 4 and for some reason she ran fine and i have the sonata IM with most of my vacuum lines eliminated only brake boost and aftermarket fpr still using lines from IM i have a 99 sonata head with stock 4g64 block garett ar .50 turbo obx mani custom dp evo 8 ecu wrx 565 injectors walbo 255 fuel pump stock fuel rail *large* fmic cxracing intercooler piping stock throttle body ebay manual boost controller ebay bov xcess 38mm wastegate and so far ive been self tuning im pretty sure thats all my engine mods so far but if i missing anything let me know ive probably done it just forgot. but im gonna try reconnecting my evap solenoid cause im starting to think that had something to do with it otherwise why would it run better if i just filled the tank?

*edit* also gonna use evoscan to get some logs today see what its doin...
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf