The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2001 galant floor shifter

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

2001 galant floor shifter

Hey guys i have an automatic 2001 galant I-4, and while browsing the forums i saw some other guy with with a 2001 galant that was also automatic with a non stock floor shifter. I wanted to know if theres a certain place where i can buy the floor shifter, and how difficult it is to switch, if it is even possible.

Thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    WTH is a floor shifter?

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

do you mean shift knob?

I think that is what he means, lol. Everyone calls stuff by differant names. I seen a posting on here were a guy used a shift knob off of a diamante (or how ever you spell it) it looked good you should look for one of those.

yea shift knob, guess that works too i was looking on ebay and they called it floor shifter, my bad ^_^, well still doesnt answer my question, how would i do it any tut, and is it hard? does it just unscrew or i gotta remove the center console? This an automatic do note. Sorry for the misunderstanding

There is two screws on the knob facing the dash remove those screws hold the button down and slide it off. Just remember to hold the button down if not it will fly off and you will lose the button and/or spring.

there should b tutorials in the tutorial section.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Member 03-Galant-Es fitted a Acura MDX Shift Knob and made this tutorial, should be similar with other shift knobs: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40056

4g64T 5spd