The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g vr gauge and climate control bulb replacement

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

7g vr gauge and climate control bulb replacement

I hope someone can help me out here. I plan to replace my gauge and climate control bulbs in my 7g with LED bulbs. However, i cant find any information regarding the proper type of bulbs needed ie 194, 74. Ive read that i need peanut and rice bulbs but i dont know how many and what are proper codes for peanut and rice bulbs. Are peanut bulbs 194 and rice bulbs 74.

Here is a picture of the 7g gauge i have.

The question is do i only have to replace the peanut bulbs (the larger ones) coz it seems to me that the smaller sized bulbs are used for the indicators and not to illuminate the speedo, rpm, water temp and gas level meters. Which bulbs do i need to buy for me to properly illuminate the gauge and climate control.

TIA
    Last edited by gojdm; 09-02-2010 at 05:05 AM

194's pretty much do all the lighting for the speedo. all of the knobs you twisted off that were blue are for illumination.
    Hence why it says "illum" right next to the socket for all of the holes for lighting the gauge faces.

Can you take a nice close up shot of the front of your cluster for my curiousity?
    Thanks

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

@DOHC do you have any idea how many 194s i need just to illuminate the speedo, tach, gas gauge, temp. this pic i got from someone else but i have the same gauge. Its for a 7g vr mt 6a12na. Ill take some pictures of climate control and gauges most likely tomorrow.
    Last edited by gojdm; 09-03-2010 at 01:48 AM