The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake lights

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Brake lights

I got a problem today i came out of the car and found out that my brakes light were turn on i check the fuse its good i stay on anybody can help thanks

check the bulbs, wiring harness and your grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Your brake lights remain on even with your foot off the brake pedal?

It's either the brake light switch itself, or the little plastic stopper piece for the brake light switch has broken off, allowing the spring-loaded switch to remain in the "closed" position.

Almost 100% positive on this one...

EDIT: Brake light switch is located down by the brake pedal.
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

1997 Galant ES with '94-95 style front end and '97 style rear

my problem was the "relay" cost $10 bucks or switch it with another one there all the same.. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    check the bulbs, wiring harness and your grammar
    haha! ^^

Yes check the brake switch by the brake pedal. Probably the rubber stopper fell off or something dumb.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

If that stopper piece fell out, it probably completely disintegrated. I never actually find them intact, I usually just find several pieces of the old stopper on the floor mat

Instead of buying another cheap plastic piece, just thread a nut and bolt into the little hole in the brake pedal where the stopper went. Then re-adjust the switch (The bolt head will be a little taller than the original stopper piece), so that the brake lights come on as soon as the pedal is depressed.
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

1997 Galant ES with '94-95 style front end and '97 style rear