The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock headlights with HIDs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    i seen some people just take out the reflectors and you can see the bulb, i dont like that.

and yea ddm sent out my hids (heads and fogs) yesterday so it should be here by late this week or early next week.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Nice they came out great, and clear corners is getting old, sometimes I want to put them back, so good choice the car looks clean

4g64T 5spd

thanks man im working on the interior for now. waiting for my hids to come. then going to drop the car .

ok guys my hid came in today. i wasn't expecting them to be here till late next week.

at first i was super confused since i got the hid for the fogs and the hids for the heads
    and the extra harness.but i layed everything out on the floor and got it all(easy). so i know how everything goes now and will install tomorrow before and after pic will be up tomorrow night.

i seen some people just take out the reflectors and you can see the bulb, i dont like that.
    Nice they came out great, and clear corners is getting old, sometimes I want to put them back, so good choice the car looks clean

For those who didn't know, cars w/ "clear corners" are getting played out and many are flocking back to amber corners. I remember back then it used to be "mandatory" mod as it was to identify yourself from other G owners that you were a part of TGC etc. Rarely do I see cars with them now unless they were really old or it came like that factory. It's more of a personal preference now then how we used to think of them.
    Last edited by G-spot; 09-11-2010 at 09:18 PM

yea i think it a personal preference to

ok guys i installed the hids and i noticed my lows dont work....
    only my highs work..?

keep in mind that i i got the extra harness and the high/low

anyhelp?????

check that you wired it correctly. if so check for blown fuses.

everything looks ok and the fuse is new

wait are you sure only your hi's work? explain further what is happening. also is the kit hi/lo or bixenon? there is a difference: hi/lo has an HID capsule for low and a seperate regular bulb for hi, while bixenon uses a single HID capsule for both low and hi by either moving a shield orthe actual capsule to change beam pattern.

yea when you turn the low on nothing happens. but when you put it on high it lights up.

i got the hi/low

i got it from ddm with the harness

also i didnt use the relay harness i used the other harness that comes with it.. idk if that why..

also i connected the ground to the ground on the batter and the positive on the batterie maybe it has to be ground on the chassie and not batterie?
    Last edited by Keven; 09-12-2010 at 07:07 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Make sure your switch isnt on when you are wiring them up

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

ok sorry guys i made a mistake i dont have highs...

im not used to on how to put the highs on the galant im used to ford and it diffrent.

ok so my highs dont work...

Then you only have lows then. If you have the hi/low beam you should have 3 connections 2 round ones n a retanglar type connection at least thats how mine are

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

your talking about from the ballast right??

yea it has 1 round cable and 1 rectangular one

Then its only lows there should be 3 con.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

so ddm sent me the wrong ballasts?

no not necessarily... how many wires are coming out of the bulbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    no not necessarily... how many wires are coming out of the bulbs?
    Last edited by Keven; 09-12-2010 at 08:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    3 or 4 i dont remember it connected
    if there r more than 2 from each bulb assembly, you have a hi/lo or bixenon kit. when you say your hi beam don't work, do mean the lights shut off completely or you can't tell if the high beam comes on?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast