The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock headlights with HIDs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 63
    i cant tell when they come on.. it stays lit but there no diffrence and nothing happens just stays as if it still on low

try it at night or in a dark garage etc. if the lights are bixenon, there actually is no additional light that turns on when you switch from low to high; the beam pattern will simply change from being low to high. you have to point the car at a wall or something similar to see this happening. the beam pattern change is accomplished by either the capsule light source moving or a shield moving to allow the light to shine on parts of the reflector that would let it appear to be aimed higher than the low beam.

now if they are hi/lo, there will be an extra halogen hi beam bulb... this bulb will turn on when you activate the high beam. the problem is HID is so much brighter than halogen, it will be hard to see this bulb turn on. again check the funtion against a wall or at night (or both).

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    try it at night or in a dark garage etc. if the lights are bixenon, there actually is no additional light that turns on when you switch from low to high; the beam pattern will simply change from being low to high. you have to point the car at a wall or something similar to see this happening. the beam pattern change is accomplished by either the capsule light source moving or a shield moving to allow the light to shine on parts of the reflector that would let it appear to be aimed higher than the low beam.

now if they are hi/lo, there will be an extra hi beam bulb... this bulb will turn on when you activate the high beam. the problem is HID is so much brighter than halogen, it will be hard to see this bulb turn on. again check the funtion against a wall or at night (or both).
    yea i did that an hour ago against a wall and you cant see it change

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Pictures in this case will help...

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Pictures in this case will help...
    pic of what?

The setup, of how you have everything wired up

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

well it kinda hard to show pic now it night over here in fl but i went on ddm and saw there and did what it said on the instructions.

only one thing i did different was wire the negative to the battery terminal and not to the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    yea i did that an hour ago against a wall and you cant see it change
    something is not connected or wired correctly. it sounds like the harness is not being triggered by the stock high beam output or the selenoids that either move the capsule or move the shield are not connected correctly. double check you did everything the instructions said to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    something is not connected or wired correctly. it sounds like the harness is not being triggered by the stock high beam output or the selenoids that either move the capsule or move the shield are not connected correctly. double check you did everything the instructions said to do.
    ok ill do it tomorrow and get back to you guys

Glad to see you went ahead with the HID kits. Play around with your wires and make sure your "harness adapter" is wired to the hid's correctly. You may want to switch the wire setup from the hi beam to the low beam to make sure both hi and low boxes are working and you didn't receive a bad hid box or something. Just something to help troubleshoot a bit.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

yea im do that tomorrow. make sure everything all connected and switch couple things around

ok guys today i made sure that everything connected right.

nothing changed when you flick the high on in the beginning it looks like it brights up a lil but dosent move up...?

but once the car is on for like 5 min and u flick high on it dosent look like it brights up anymore.

turn on your low beams. leave it on for a minute to let the HID warm up; it will appear bright then dim down a little then will steadily get brighter until it is warm. now turn on your hi beams... it won't actually get brighter but if you have it shining on something it should change where it shines, moving the pattern up. if that is not happening then either something is not connected correctly or something is not installed corectly (bulbs/sheild) or maybe a selenoid that moves the light source or sheild is bad (but i doubt both sides would go bad at the same time).

Yea I had it shining on the wall and it doent move so ima take the bulbs out and see if I installed wrong

take pictures for us. it's hard to diagnose w/o knowing what u have exactly.

Yeah its confusing just writing about it lol.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

ok i got my new fogs today and i installed the hids for them to ill post a pic later when it gets night over here

Any luck??

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

nah im not really in a hurry since there fucken bright already

Last edited by Keven; 09-16-2010 at 08:31 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    nah im not really in a hurry since there fucken bright already

The lights look great, where did you mount the ballast for the drivers side foglight? I had to 3m double sided tape it to the fender (not a good idea)
    It fell off last night taking the bulb with it. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast