The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    v6 galant guy

Exhaust

what sounds good and looks good i just wanna know what Should i put on my baby?

Magnaflow. From the 00-05 eclipse

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

That's what I have and I love it.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2utrzfc&s=5
    hopefully that helps you decide.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

yup,,,magnaflow is really good,,sounding wise

8th and 9th gen galants

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I would say Magnaflow

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

blue8g
    A'PEXi N1.....00galantguy has one on his and it sounds AWESOME!!!!!! a little loud but it sounds sooo nice

Yeah A'PEXi N1 is good with a turbo settup. For a stock engine is a little lound I could say going 5 speed will increase not just the performance but how you could hold the RPM longer for a better exhaust sound.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

i like my meagan, all my friends have me #2 for best sounding, im not number 1 cause #1 is a turbo prelude, lol,

Wow! i just listened to stepsascend's galant sounds nice so i looked up the exhaust $627!?!?
    wow i didnt know it was that expensive, why are they so expensive? Lol are there any good cheaper ones? maybe $300? cause i dont expect them to be cheap cheap,

also i saw on ebay some that are like $50 and claim they are good, are they or are they crap?

and those are full exhaust systems can i buy just a muffler and make it sound good?

i dont wanna sound cheap just wanna know

if you just want sound then get a MAGNAFLOW muffler and have it welded to your stock piping...

here it is from road race engineering for the 3G eclipse which shares the engine, suspension and drivetrain w/ our 8G galant:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/magnaflow.htm

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    if you just want sound then get a MAGNAFLOW muffler and have it welded to your stock piping...

here it is from road race engineering for the 3G eclipse which shares the engine, suspension and drivetrain w/ our 8G galant:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/magnaflow.htm
    x2 go with the magnaflow Race Series 95+shipping from RRE

4g64T 5spd

ebay cheap muffler??cheap crap,,,just save money and get good quality exhaust like magnaflow

8th and 9th gen galants

I should get the race series? Cause i was reading about it says recommended for the v6 eclipse not the 4 cylinder eclipse and i have a 4 cylinder galant? does that mean i shouldnt get it because its raspy or its fine on the galant?

Quote Originally Posted by NewGalantKid View Post
    I should get the race series? Cause i was reading about it says recommended for the v6 eclipse not the 4 cylinder eclipse and i have a 4 cylinder galant? does that mean i shouldnt get it because its raspy or its fine on the galant?
    if you have an i4, get the street series. if v6, get the race series. they both flow and sound better than stock but the race series will rasp a little on an i4 since it is a full straight through design. the v6 inherently is smoother sounding than the i4, so the straight through design does not cause it to be raspy.

is the street still sound pretty good cause i want a good sound, i dont want it to sound wimpy or like i have a huge hole in my muffler

I've heard the Greddy Ti-C catback on a Galant and it sounds pretty nice. Not too loud, nice and deep.

the key issue is how much are you willing to spend on a decent system. There are solid brands out there that are handwelded and there are the generic chinese children made. Either of them get its job done but it's really your call on this since you are the paying customer. Ebay catbacks (generic Chinese child labor made) cost $150 shipped. It's on my car for 7 months and it's still good. There are few downsides one is that the muffler is a no name brand and most would just exchange it for a reputable brand (it sounds raspy even on a v6). And the other downside is it was made to fit the 4 cylinder so us v6-ers needs to get the pipes weld together. But $150 plus another 50 to get it welded is about 1/3 the price of a magnaflow or the injen system. If you have money to spend I'd go for the popular brand names even though the ebay brand still deliever your needs.

Well i have I-4 so i only have one downside xD wait so if i get the ebay one i can slide it on and not weld? cause my current muffler the clip broke off and the piping is rusted and not welded together and basically is being held together by a little rust and dirt? so i can just slip it on or what? and im a little confused what do they mean raspy?

and they're going to be raspy no matter what? and the ebay ones are like $50 well the muffler is.

blue8g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ip3FWLE-8

Magnaflow Race Series on bone stock I4

Quote Originally Posted by NewGalantKid View Post
    Well i have I-4 so i only have one downside xD wait so if i get the ebay one i can slide it on and not weld? cause my current muffler the clip broke off and the piping is rusted and not welded together and basically is being held together by a little rust and dirt? so i can just slip it on or what? and im a little confused what do they mean raspy?

and they're going to be raspy no matter what? and the ebay ones are like $50 well the muffler is.
    Raspy meaning high pitched, and annoying not the deep throaty sounds. They aren't slip on they are bolt on, jack up the car, undo existing bolts and bolt new one into place for the exhaust system. Dont get an ebay muffler. if you want just a muffler there a millions of other options besides ebay. I got the full Meagan exhaust system for 325 if i recall correctly. aAnd it is a quality exhaust system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast