The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: old 4g64 couldnt take it nemore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 64 of 64
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    so i got the head all on and its up and running it idles smooth and revs alright problem now when i get on the throttle it like instantly goes pig rich and bogs out and bucks and cant even go anywhere?
    if its still the same tune it was on before i would think it would be leaner than it was as the DOHC flows more. now, how rich are we talking 11.5 or like 10.8. still shouldnt be bogging like that. try pulling a little fuel and getting it running then figure it out
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

10.00 thats how rich i pulled fuel everywhere and no matter what as soon as i hit boost it starts to pull then wham just boggs out.

ok so its pulling timing bad like down to 1 degree in boost i unhooked the knock sensor and it makes it even worse so im thinking maybe the knock sensor is getting knock counts or something starts out at like 15 degrees of timing then as boost build pulls it way way back.

PrityG-lant03
    Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    so i should be disapointed but i knew it was gonna happen sooner or later. the old 7g started overheating earlier tday. thought it was low on coolant cuz i sprang a leak yesterday well the overflow tank was full boiling over and the radiator was pretty low. got home let it cool down and i added some coolant to the radiator and long and behold shes starts smoking really bad outa the exhaust. guess the oem headgasket that has 170k on it could handle boost nemore. i have just about everything for the dohc headswap but what i dont have is time. :-( ill keep everybody posted on the headswap and now i can actually make some serious power not this 200 whp crap :-) dont know if its a bad or good thing yet.

What all did u do to get 200whp out of the 4g64 sohc engine???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234