The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: old 4g64 couldnt take it nemore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 64
    i called the closest mitsubishi dealer and they said the soonest they could have the headgasket would be thursday of next week. this is absolutely rediculous im just gonna use the sohc gasket the holes are gonna be plugged anyway. i also called a place in florida and texas and they said the soonest they could get it would be friday and then they would have to ship it to me so still wouldnt be till mid next week.

has anybody used the stock 4g64 gasket when doing the headswap before i dont see why it wouldnt work the oil drain holes will still be plugged????
    Last edited by allrice4g64; 09-09-2010 at 10:35 AM

i finally got all the right size freeze plugs and got all the holes on the block plugged i decided to replace water pump while it all was apart also [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by allrice4g64; 09-10-2010 at 03:16 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    ive never heard of people using the regular head gasket. maybe there is other slight changes in it.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

can u send me a pic of ur headgasket kinda a closeup and ill look it over and see the differnces in the sohc and the dohc.

lemme go take one now
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

2014 Lancer Evo GSR

here is the sohc [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by allrice4g64; 09-10-2010 at 04:09 PM

ok the differnces are when u look at the top left and top right of the dohc gasket it has spots there for collant passages as the sohc doesnt i looked on the 63 head and the sohc gasket is usable if u cut out the holes for the coolant passages other than that its much the same minus the spots for the holes u gotta plug

it could be done but not gonna risk it to much work jnz tunning said they could have me a gasket at my door bye wednesday so just gonna have to wait another week unless u sell me urs and overnight ship it???

all of the outter passages that the sohc has will probably be an issue for possible sealing and leak issues. seeing them next to each other like this makes me really doubt it will work.

do you have every other part for it besides that HG?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

yes i have absolutely everything lol just not the gasket so if u have paypal i will pay u right now.

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    it could be done but not gonna risk it to much work jnz tunning said they could have me a gasket at my door bye wednesday so just gonna have to wait another week unless u sell me urs and overnight ship it???
    my gasket was 80 bucks then shipping would be a good deal and i couldnt get it there until tuesday probably as they are closed now
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

ok nm i just ordered one ill have it tuesday at 12 cost 96 bucks!! there are only 5 left in the united states now lol.

it may have worked but im not the kind of person to take that risk. all new OEM parts for the application

and where did you get your HG from? surprisingly my dealer had one in stock and i bet at that time there were only 7 left then hahahaha
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

um i got my head gasket from a mitsu dealer in bloomington minnesota, its like a 45 min drive from here its 5 min away from mall of america. ya the guy said it was coming from a warehouse in L.A. and he then went on to say " looks like there is only 5 more of these left in the united states." so i had it overnight shipped and what not so it came out to 97 bucks plus i gotta drive 45 min to pick it up. at least its the right gasket though. so im doing headgasket,timing belt,removing balance shafts,new water pump, intake gasket, exhaust gasket, cas gasket,waterpipe orings, new t.b. gaskets.

so i found out today after bolting my head down and torquing it to spec and removing my balance shafts and timing my car that there is a broken cam cap bolt. half is still in the head and half came out i never noticed it before because the dumb F*ck i bought it from jbwelded it and put it back in there to make it seem like it was tight but then when i was checking torque on them it broke apart and came out so my question is if i just decided to say f*ck it and leave it broke like that would this cause damage to the cam or something. its the very center one on the exhaust cam. one bolt is still holding it and it feels tight. the cam wont beable to move at all and i know i should try to drill it out or weld on it and back it out but at this point i honestly really dont care so if its not gonna be a big issue ima run it if it is i guess i will have to get the broken part out? ill get pics tomorow.

is there enough that when you take out the cam bearing you can grab part of the bolt? you dont want anything soming loose and ruining that motor. try and get it out without damaging the head. bolts are cheap heads arent
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

ya i know lol and no i took it off and its broke way down in there i mean the one bolt does hold it tight and there are 5 other cam caps hold it down plus the one but it would be just missing one bolt. i really really wish this wasnt my daily driver and i had a garage and didnt have to do all this shit on the side of the street. my neighbors already think im nuts welding stuff and pulling heads and what not on the side of the street so im going to try welding on it tomorow and if it dont back out then its home for good and it will stay there i got a new job and have to have this done monday.

so i got the head all on and its up and running it idles smooth and revs alright problem now when i get on the throttle it like instantly goes pig rich and bogs out and bucks and cant even go anywhere?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast