The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cruise Control

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Icon5 Cruise Control

As the topic of this message, my cruise control works sometime. Last week, I was on the freeway and wanted to use my CC set my speed to 70 mph and no response from the CC. I went to use my cruise control 2 days ago and it worked. What can cause my CC to work sometimes? Everything is working fine with my car and I've kept up with the maintenance of my G, rigorously.Vehicle has 152240 miles.
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

i gotta de it dosent have cruse control so be happy u have it sometime lol.... ill see if i can find info on this

from what im reading u might wanna check ur brake light switch? basicly it sends the signal to stop cruize control when u hit the brakes(obv.) if its too senstive or broken it will prvent the car from resuming or turning on in first place but it will work intermitinly

Does your horn work when your cruise control won't? This topic has been covered a few times and it seems the clock spring goes bad behind our steering wheels. Check out your horn and get back to us.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by joegalant View Post
    i gotta de it dosent have cruse control so be happy u have it sometime lol.... ill see if i can find info on this
    lol thanks lol and thank you also for the quick response.I'll definitely check my brake light switch
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Does your horn work when your cruise control won't? This topic has been covered a few times and it seems the clock spring goes bad behind our steering wheels. Check out your horn and get back to us.
    I'll definitely check that out as well. I do notice our horns are kind of weak at freeway driving
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

Also check your vacuum lines that lead to your cruise control, if it's a little loose, it might be not engaging every time. Does the cruise light come on, when you turn it on, does it only not engage?

also, have you recently replaced your stock brake light bulb to a l.e.d. bulb? Doing so will trick the ecu thinkng the brakes are constantly applied thus disengaging the C.C. It's crazy I know.

^For reals? Way? No way...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    also, have you recently replaced your stock brake light bulb to a l.e.d. bulb? Doing so will trick the ecu thinkng the brakes are constantly applied thus disengaging the C.C. It's crazy I know.
    is this also y when i put my turn signals on it speeds up (the sound u get when u need new bulbs) cuz its only done that since i put in leds?

Quote Originally Posted by joegalant View Post
    is this also y when i put my turn signals on it speeds up (the sound u get when u need new bulbs) cuz its only done that since i put in leds?
    usually thats just an indication that you have a bulb out... maybe because its not drawing the same current as a plain light bulb, making it think that your using only one bulb, instead of the front and rear... if that makes sense...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant