The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Duplicate key setting off alarm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    lol normally when i type i get rid of 90% of my letters but on here ppl tend to dislike that so i try to act like im sendin an email at work and actually type everthing out lol

dam uve been all over the country lol

JoshAce

English...

Quote Originally Posted by joegalant View Post
    lol normally when i type i get rid of 90% of my letters but on here ppl tend to dislike that so i try to act like im sendin an email at work and actually type everthing out lol

dam uve been all over the country lol

I have been overseas also. There were some surprises there. In Norway, people over 50 often speak broken english, but the younger people speak english as well as americans. In Holland / Netherlands, they speak PERFECT english which surprised me. In Russia, the majority of them are able to communicate at a low level of english (whereas in the U.S. hardly anybody knows one word of Russian). Australians also speak english well. The biggest surprise is how awful and pitiful the english skills are ... in ENGLAND! Virtually every city in England has its own distinctive - horrible accent. In some areas they mumble, in others they talk like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins, in London they speak an amalgam of twisted slang and prounounce TH as F. In other areas they talk in a very proper yet annoying way, and in the north they sound like they have an Irish accent. But all that doesn't matter because within 50 years, the primary language in the U.S. will be Spanish - which is actually Portugeuse.

I found out what to do with the car alarm problem. I'm buying a blank transponder key, having it cut to match the real spare key, and swapping the unprogrammed one for the programmed one and let the spare key be a dud.

I hate these transponder keys and alarm systems. They don't work, and they give false alarms, and they are expensive. If someone wants real security on their car, they should spend $100 for a GPS tracking device that shows you exactly where the car is at all times. Any theif of any skill would know how to disable the factory installed alarms, and they would probably strip the car in a chop shop. With GPS, you are very likely to be able to find the car before it can be dissected or shipped off to Mexico.

one thing to try is to turn the key in the unlocking direction all the way, since sometimes the cylinder itself acts a on/off alarm switch. you probably wont be able to dissconnect the alarm so what i would do is have an aftermarket keyless entry system installed, because the negative door lock pulses will arm and disarm the factory alarm for you, and at the same time you will have keyless entry. i noticed when when i installed my aftermarket alarm to my 3g eclipse that it would also arm the factory alarm, you can tell by a little green car with a key that turns on in the gauge cluster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12