The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9g v6 mpg

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

9g v6 mpg

My 8G V6 got 20-22 mpg around town and 24-26 on the highway. Wondering how the 3.8 in the 9G compares.

I believe its 16 mpg 25 hwy on the fueleconomy.gov website for the 9G. I know our (8G) mpg's dropped too, 18 MPG city 26 MPG hwy 4-cylinder, 17-18 MPG city 25 MPG hwy for the 6 cylinder
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

I know they are rated for 16 city. But my 8g only went as low as 20 in the winter. The rest of the year 22 was normal for around town. That is why I wonder what people are actually getting.

In my 9G i ave right at 20mpg 50/50 city/hwy. I have gotten 27 on the highway before.

city i avg around 18. hwy like long trips 25/26 ive owned the car for 1.75 yrs with 25k on it already so those numbers should be broken in numbers by now ! :P
    Patrick
    2009 Galant Ralliart Black
    http://www.pwdphotography.com

Lower than I'd like to see around town. I wonder how the 4 cylinders do?

Better off getting the V6 for the extra power, gas mileage isn't that different for the I4 and V6. The I4 has to work harder to get the car up to speed. You should get tires with lower rolling resistance, and fill the tires with nitrogen to help keep the tire pressures stable. Both of which increase tire life and gas mileage.