The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Distributor Cap Location (3.0. V6)

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Distributor Cap Location (3.0. V6)

Hello all,

Intrested in knowing where distributor cap is located on 2002 Galant V6. I'd like to replace the distributor cap & rotor myself if possible. I've the Galant Factory Service Manual CD and could not locate. Any photos or diagrams, as well as experience replacing cap & rotor are appreciated.
    Thank you.

Under the battery tray and intake.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

no it is not under the battery tray....

its right on the side of the engine by the throttle body. its not hard to find..
    look where all the spark plug wires go and you will find it.

Well I took the battery tray and intake off so I just said under both since he's going to have to do that anyway............................................ ..Under the intake to the left of the battery tray.
    Last edited by Stepsascend; 09-10-2010 at 03:27 PM

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it. I've located it (right side of engine if facing towards vehicle, below cold air intake). Doesn't seem too difficult to replace, once cold air intake is removed. Interested if anyone may have tips or precautions exclusive for Galant 3.0 before beginning. I didn't come across a tutorial or "how to".

Replacing it is pretty straightforward. If you've ever replaced the cap and rotor on anything else before it should be a breeze. Your best bet is to switch over 1 wire at a time, but I'm sure you already know that.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    While your at it change your spark plugs lol.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I've replace many times on other vehicles. Thanks again for replies. I do appreciate them.

masterjohnson
    Quote Originally Posted by GSpeed View Post
    Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it. I've located it (right side of engine if facing towards vehicle, below cold air intake). Doesn't seem too difficult to replace, once cold air intake is removed. Interested if anyone may have tips or precautions exclusive for Galant 3.0 before beginning. I didn't come across a tutorial or "how to".
    hey i am interested. what are the do's and dont's this is my first time that i will be doing this. i just dont have enough cash to visit my dealer or have an independent mechanic to help me. if you have tutorial please post it in here i dont even know where the distributor cap is located. thank you in advance mate!
    Last edited by masterjohnson; 04-14-2011 at 04:17 AM

Its pretty straight forward. If you are mechanically inclined at all you shouldnt have any issues. The biggest thing is to make sure you get the wires all in the right places so just take your time and pay attention