The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Pads Replacement

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Brake Pads Replacement

Hey guys I need to change my front brake pads in my galant. Im looking at R1 Concepts but I'm not sure which ones to go for; semi-metallic, ceramic, premium, or any recommendations. Thanks in advance for the help.

usually more $ better product
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    usually more $ better product
    Usually, yes. Always, no. Don't get ripped off my some expensive stuff it claims to do that sounds fishy.

I typically always recommend ceramic brake pads for the front of cars. They tend to make less noise and bite a little harder.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Ceramics are good all around pads, I just picked up a set just for street driving, metallic are great for the track.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I've decided to go with ceramic. Thanks a lot.

good luck bro.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

hallpearl
    Hi there! i just wanna ask something about Galant brake pads. What are you using? I am going for ceramic. Anybody from you guys tried EBC brake pads? what about jurid brake pads? Just found this on the internet $98 pretty decent price it might be a good one but if you could suggest me better than this i would appreciate it. i have a GTZ; 6 Cyl 3.0L will be posting some pictures soon by the way where is the introduction page?lol

I am not sure which one is better... Help me decide.. Thanks in advance!

Just call me Hall for short. Cheers.
    Last edited by hallpearl; 03-19-2011 at 02:18 AM

Intro is at the top of the page somewhere.

I have never heard of the first. But i know alot of people that love and will only run EBC green or red. I have no expeirince with them as i run Posi-Axxis ceramics, and drilled and slotted rotors from R1concepts(a vendor here) they have great bite to them though quite abit of brake dust.

Is that $98 for all four corners? If' it's not, you can get quality pads for less than that. Search for 3G Eclipse V6 pads and the selection will open up big time, just make sure you check the year to get the correct ones for the front (for a dual pot caliper vs single pot on later years). Google up EBC pads, some like them some hate them, but the same can be said about a lot of brands. I had great experience with PBR and Hawk HPS, but Rotora pads were waaay too dusty for me.

I have 4g64 i4 engine and nonworking abs. Pads from which cars fit. Because here in Iceland it can be kinda hard just to find brake pads that fit my car.