The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Optima Battery question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    mtgraves2010

Optima Battery question

Looking to possibly get an Optima battery (Yellow Top) for my audio setup. Which one is best and fits 02 Galant?

i used to have a d34 yellow top in my 99esv6. it fits but u will have to bend the positive clamp slightly to reach the positive post. i currently have a d34m (blue top) and it fits the same. both are awesome batteries. i easily run 1500WRMS in the trunk and have had no battery problems except when i didn't drive the car over a month or 2... my alarm drained it and it takes about 12-24 hours to charge a deep cylce (yellow or blue top) battery at autozone.

yeah its like 210 from autozone plus tax. the d34 will work, i had a bunch of redtops in my car, 34-78 which was top and side post. those were only like 170 but they werent deep cycle. luckily theyve got a 3 year warranty so just bring it in if you kill the cells and get a new one. jsut a hassle.

mtgraves2010
    Thanks for info guys. I will probably get the D34-78.

costco should have it cheaper if you're a member.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    my bother had like 5 yellow top at one point and sold all of them not so long ago brand new he use to work at autozone but they worth it