The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dyno Results are IN!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 70 of 70
    HOLY SHYT!!!!! thats amazing........congrats on your build.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    I'd get a tubular Mani and the skunk 2 tbody if i where you
    The skunk2 throttle bodies are junk according to every review on EVOM. some of them just flat out didnt fit, the TPS didnt bolt up and they leaked at anything over 5psi. A "real" intake manifold would be nice, but I dont know how much I would really gain by using it and they are pretty expensive. There are stock turbo guys on EVOM picking up 30whp using a ported stock manifold and TB. I think the ported mani, tb and new cams is whats needed to get me over the 500 hump on pump gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    The skunk2 throttle bodies are junk according to every review on EVOM. some of them just flat out didnt fit, the TPS didnt bolt up and they leaked at anything over 5psi. A "real" intake manifold would be nice, but I dont know how much I would really gain by using it and they are pretty expensive. There are stock turbo guys on EVOM picking up 30whp using a ported stock manifold and TB. I think the ported mani, tb and new cams is whats needed to get me over the 500 hump on pump gas.
    i was under the impression that everything skunk2 makes for the mitsu platforms is junk (on par w/, or only marginally better than weapon-r). i think they started w/ honda tuning but i don't know how even the honda community feels about them. personally, i wouldn't put any skunk2 stuff on my car especially when there are more reputable parts available.

is it wrong to say i touched myself over this footage?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    is it wrong to say i touched myself over this footage?
    Not at all.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

TahitianGreen
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    i was under the impression that everything skunk2 makes for the mitsu platforms is junk (on par w/, or only marginally better than weapon-r). i think they started w/ honda tuning but i don't know how even the honda community feels about them. personally, i wouldn't put any skunk2 stuff on my car especially when there are more reputable parts available.
    I'm with you on the Skunk2 for Mitsu. As for Honda they're pretty hit or miss.

Their Pro-C coil-over's are outstanding street/track c/o's and their short shifters are quite nice as well.....but outside of that I've heard many negatives.

So now that your making this much power, i'm curious what are you using to sense the air.. as in MAF, MAP, or Speed Density...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    So now that your making this much power, i'm curious what are you using to sense the air.. as in MAF, MAP, or Speed Density...
    Map and Speed density are one in the same. You use a MAP sensor and intake air temp sensor if your running speed density, which is what im running.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I see. Is there an added benefit over maf using speed density, or is it just easier to tune because you know the density, compared to mass

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Easier to tune and no restriction on airflow
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234