The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dyno Results are IN!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    LOL. I plan on going back the week after MOD with Q16 and real BOOST!!!
    dont worry the way things are going with my car it will be about 3 years before someone actually comes out and makes it run right so i can drive it :(. Great job though glad to see someone making some power on this site instead of just looking cool. Oh and those cams are they going to make some for the 2g style 64's?

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    dont worry the way things are going with my car it will be about 3 years before someone actually comes out and makes it run right so i can drive it :(. Great job though glad to see someone making some power on this site instead of just looking cool. Oh and those cams are they going to make some for the 2g style 64's?
    No and at this point it looks like the 2.4 cams are going to be Mivec specific only and then later down the road they will be available for non-mivec EVO's. I think at this point I am going to switch to GSC S2's or Kelford 280's. The GSC S2's are said to make anywhere from 30-45whp over the HKS cams, they have .7mm more lift and more duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Congrats!! All of your hard work on that car paid off lol. Great numbers!!

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

GAT DAMN!!! The car is looking and running great stew.

TGC Regular
    I soop cant wait until MOD!! I am really looking forward to just hearing this beast run in person

No and at this point it looks like the 2.4 cams are going to be Mivec specific only and then later down the road they will be available for non-mivec EVO's. I think at this point I am going to switch to GSC S2's or Kelford 280's. The GSC S2's are said to make anywhere from 30-45whp over the HKS cams, they have .7mm more lift and more duration.
    Nice! Keep it up cause you know after you hit 500 whp you have to go for 600 whp right?

1996 galant s

Nice! Keep it up cause you know after you hit 500 whp you have to go for 600 whp right?
    I know I know. 600whp is the limit though. I got eagle rods in this motor with ARP 2k bolts, I dont trust it more than 700 at the crank.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I know I know. 600whp is the limit though. I got eagle rods in this motor with ARP 2k bolts, I dont trust it more than 700 at the crank.
    Billiet crank ftw well even at the numbers you are making now you have to be spinning like crazy

1996 galant s

^Is he running the stock crank? if so, wow... i think thats brave.....

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

stock crank is plenty strong

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    My G has that much horse power too lol. Then I realized I was sleeping lol. Great numbers bro!!!

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    stock crank is plenty strong
    +1

At power levels over 600whp I wouldnt be worried about the crank, I would be worried about the rods & rod bolts and the piston wrist pins. They rate eagles at 800 crank hp, so for me, that would be around 680-700whp, I like the extra comfort zone though, I dont think I will ever go over 600whp and if I do, I wont stay there.

Alot of the built 2.4's you see running around on EVOM are stock 4G64 crank motors.

MAPerformance's drag evo is making 1053awhp using the stock 4G64 crank and spinning the motor to 9,000. YIKES!!! That wont last too long and they know it already. At that power level and rev limit your talking about piston speeds higher than that of formula one racecar engines.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I am jealous, lol. One day i may be able to get there

Your engine is really strong, Looks like you have a good tune by how it holds power till redline, I can see this thing making 500+ easy on race gas.

Besides the cam's your head is stock right? No over sized valves or anything?

Also you think the guy that you have tune yours could maybe check out some logs from my car and see what he can do with my sd table? No matter what i do i can not get it to stop idling rich the leanest we got it to go was 11.6 and then when i hit the gas to rev it, it would shoot up to like 19.8. Move global fuel back and lower sd table values and same crap.

1996 galant s

Your engine is really strong, Looks like you have a good tune by how it holds power till redline, I can see this thing making 500+ easy on race gas.

Besides the cam's your head is stock right? No over sized valves or anything?

Also you think the guy that you have tune yours could maybe check out some logs from my car and see what he can do with my sd table? No matter what i do i can not get it to stop idling rich the leanest we got it to go was 11.6 and then when i hit the gas to rev it, it would shoot up to like 19.8. Move global fuel back and lower sd table values and same crap.
    My head is unported, valve job, SuperTech +1mm coated valves on both sides, Crower (REAL ones not BC) springs and ti retainers and HKS 272's.

The car really needs bigger cams, I think the GSC S2 is going to be my best choice at this point, we will see what happens
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

So do you not like the 272's?? I was thinking about a 272 282 combo crower cans but my car is going to be a track day car and just Friday night cruiser next year if i get my awd done this winter and a tune!

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Stewi G go VROOM VROOM lol. I'm still amazed with the power... I would love to at least get a ride in a G as powerful as yours. Gotta be a huge rush when you open it up...

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

So do you not like the 272's?? I was thinking about a 272 282 combo crower cans but my car is going to be a track day car and just Friday night cruiser next year if i get my awd done this winter and a tune!
    its not that I dont like them, its just not enough air coming in for the 2.4. The dyno pull on the sheet printed is to 6000 because I was blowing out spark, the first run I got to about 6875, I hit max power at 4800rpms then tapered off. Whats weird is when your driving the car, it doesnt nose over, it feels like the power always climbs. I need to change my cam timing first, my intake cam is a bit advanced and I think that is helping the power fall off. Ultimately though I need to feed this thing more air. I need cams with at least 11.5mm lift and more duration, I also need a ported intake manifold and throttle body, maybe even an aftermarket tb from Skunk2 or Boomba
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

its not that I dont like them, its just not enough air coming in for the 2.4. The dyno pull on the sheet printed is to 6000 because I was blowing out spark, the first run I got to about 6875, I hit max power at 4800rpms then tapered off. Whats weird is when your driving the car, it doesnt nose over, it feels like the power always climbs. I need to change my cam timing first, my intake cam is a bit advanced and I think that is helping the power fall off. Ultimately though I need to feed this thing more air. I need cams with at least 11.5mm lift and more duration, I also need a ported intake manifold and throttle body, maybe even an aftermarket tb from Skunk2 or Boomba
    I'd get a tubular Mani and the skunk 2 tbody if i where you

1996 galant s

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast