The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which Subs are good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    mtgraves2010

Icon10 Which Subs are good?

Thinking of having a custom dual 10 inch subwoofer box built for da ride and I am wondering which Subs should I get.

Should I go with Alpine subs (since my factory speakers been upgraded to Alpine, including my amps are now all Alpine/MRP-F300 and MRP-F500) OR go with some JL Audio subs?

I'm just curious, what does the Galant crew think are the top 3 subs to have for da ride...??

its all depends on what kind of speaker YOU want. Alpine is known for their great sound quality (SQ), where as kicker is reputable for SPL.

mtgraves2010
    As long has the bass hits clean and tight, I'm cool with it. I leaning towards the Alpine (that way I will have all Alpine), but the JL's are also on my mind cause I've always had JL's in the past. One of my friends has Kicker (2-12's) and they hit nice as well. Thanks for the input...

Yeah, alpine makes very good quality subs. i had 2 Type R subs, in a ported box. Very good, clean sound quality.

TGC Regular
    I have a Type R and Im sold with it..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Clarion is a good choice. Over a year with the same. N no problems.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

i say kicker myself. my uncle has a single 8 inch in a box he built and wen it hits it riples the roof on his nissan xterra. thats ONE 8inch sub!

i have 2 kicker 12 on a hyphonics amp and honestly its the best in my opinion.
    !MaD_JaCk!

Proto
    I've had kicker, alpine, and mtx. So far I like Kicker subs over the rest.
    Last edited by Proto; 09-14-2010 at 11:14 PM

ima say kicker cuz i have one lol, but its the only sub ive had so i cant really tell you what i like best

imo its either kicker or alpine,,both have good sound quality

8th and 9th gen galants

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I would go with Alpine since all your speakers are Alpine just to keep everything the same but i think the best would be Kicker
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

I have owned both of these subs:

Alpine type R, 12 inch. 2 ohm.
    1500 watt max, 500watt rms.
    (this speaker is meant for sound quality)

(my current subs)
    Kicker CVX. 12 inch, 2 ohm.
    1500 watt max, 750 watt rms.
    (this is a SPL type sub-woofer)

Overall i prefer the Kicker CVX`s. Dont get me wrong they both came in close, but im more of an SPL guy. I love hard pounding bass, i dont give a shit if my trunk rattles like hell, i enjoy setting off car alarms in a parking lot. The alpine speakers actually did sound more clear, and better quality when turned up really loud. But i will give away that small chunk of sound quality for the bigger difference in sound pressure levels ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

ill be beating down your block, making refrigerators fall.

i agree with the cvx's i have 2 of those on a kicker zx1500.1 and it sounds great.

Come on no one has had Clarion subs??? 2 12's in a closed box n a 1800 watt kenwood amp n your golden just enough bass to rattle the car very clean output in the car crisp lol n not blowing your ear drums lol like my old kickers lol

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

it comes down to how much you want to spend, box design and how much power you are going to run. no sub can be deemed "best" if we don't know the above parameters.

^ That's true I mean I have no complaints about my setup. I paid $140 for the sealed box with 2 12" Clarion subs I think 800 rms. N $195 for the 1800 watt Kenwood amp. I could of spent more at the "big box" stores but I have no complaints. Ultimately its up to you mtgraves2010. Gotta get your bang for your buck.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

solo baric no questions asked

I don't think I know anyone with those...

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

kicker l7 ftw

It all depends on the box, if you have the space to go ported you can get that good low bass, sealed will give you good punchy bass.
    Alpine type r's are a good choice in a ported box, there was a guy on s10 forum that hit in the 140's with 1 12 in a ported box with a cheap amp.
    I'm doing 2 Fi BTL 18's in my truck with a stetsom amp, and a RE SX 12 with a hifonics amp in the galant.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast