The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Setting up coilovers

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Setting up coilovers

OK so I ordered D2 Coilovers from JM auto, they came in on last thursday and I had planed to put them on over the weekend but that fell though so I am planing for this weekend. I need some advice from those with coilovers.
    I need advice for setting up ride height and really any other info that I can get. This is the first time that I have ever attempted anything like this so please help. I really have no ideal how to set up the ride height. Should I just put one on the front and back and adjust it as needed or what?

Also if anyone could take a pic of theirs on the car so that I can see about how much of the threads are showing that would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

This was posted by RedGalant2k1(from my personal research about coilovers):

Its the Megan C/O instructions but is the same, and you have 36 clicks for damping instead of the 32 the megans have.

If those in the pic are your actual coilovers you have them threaded all the way thats the lowest and if you install them like that you ain't gonna be able to get your jack out, on my first try at the back I made them the same length as oem shocks and it raised the car 3", this is all about trial and error. Try to understand the suspension before you install it so you can do it right.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 09-15-2010 at 08:07 PM

4g64T 5spd

I have some KSports and can take some measurements for you...I did mine by trial and error and took them on and off about 4 times (it sucked). Remember they will settle some after installed.

Ok thanks that would be awesome. I just want to see roughly how to set them up so maybe I can get it the first second or third time.lol

adjusting to your liking takes days.....throw'em on i wanna see! 0_0

I'm guna try to get them on this Sunday. I usualy don't work on Sunday but I need to get them on. I think that I am going to try to get one side set up the way that I want it and then measure that side so I can set the other two coilovers at the same hieght.
    Thanks for all your help guys.

You should really take that scheduled day off like you mentioned....measure and adjust two front the same & the two rear the same..like OMEGA said to your OEM. Also keep note that you have those 17's and the rubber your sitting on. Would'nt sugest to install the struts on one side either (left/right) cause your oposing side(stock struts) will throw everything off (not much but it will) Once comfortable with your measurements install then adjust from there
    ╚PLus I dont know too much 'bout D2's or Megans for that matter, just giving a bit of word experimenting with the coilovers that I have, Agx/*QA1springs*(stiff as fuck, thats why my setup has lasted)from the for sale section here thanks again Mko =D

GL cant wait man
    Last edited by koji464; 09-17-2010 at 09:47 PM

I didn't mean that I would drive the car with one side on. I just want to put them on to see how they set. I can't wait to see them on either. Thanks

So I got the front coilovers on today. Still need to do some adjusting. I think that the passenger side is higher than the driver. But the driver side is too low for me, it looks good but its not very practical that low. I like the way it looks with the raked stance and it seems to ride better than my old worn out stock setup. I cant wait to get the backs on. thanks for all your help.

The easy solution to determining equal ride height is to make sure they have been rotated an equal amount of times for each coilover.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Yep, I measured the threads and make them the same when they were outside of the car

4g64T 5spd