The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ebay Header/Cat Delete

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Ebay Header/Cat Delete

I'm jus wondering if anyone Knows if this Bolts on without an Fabrication an would it be the same as a Cat Delete

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

You will loose first cat and down pipe also the pipe with the second o2 sensor is located.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

you lose just the cat you can extented the o2 sensors

Ok ive already checked smog around here..ill be jus fine. But by the looks of it, it will bolt right to my Catback deleting the Cat. An i seen the little pre-cat on there.

its like a straight pipe

They will more than likely need to be extended. Why don't you just buy the OBX headers for the galant?

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I don't know if they make bbk headers for the G but if they do stay away they are absolute crap!!!! N yeah why not get them for the G instead of the Eclipse.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Becuz im lookn for cat delete without goin to a shop an i couldnt find this exhaust piping for the G

galant187*
    what is it a v6 0r a 4cly

that set-up is a completr bolt on for the 8G.

There are two bungs visible in the picture wherever you need to put a o2 sensor. The only thing from the 3G that needs extending is the cat-back portion.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

OHk Thanks 4G63...thats half my question..Is this gonna be jus like Cat delete? Im wondering bcuz the precat lookn thing on there..

the pre-cat is on the stock exhaust manifold iirc (im fed spec, comes with a header stock). so if you remove the stock manifold the pre-cat goes with it and you will just put the header on to replace that section. The cat delete is installed in place of the stock catalytic converter.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Ooohhhkay..I got it now. So whats the small peice towards the end of the header pipe on this header ^^?

it appears to be a piece of flex pipe.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

idk the name of them...its like a resonator or somethin, have the mesh lookn stuff on it??...stock exhaust has same thing.

i got the same obx headers w/ cat delete pipe they are already goin bad after a year and a half i personally would just keep the stock headers because you wont get much gains (if thats what your looking for) and if your getting them for looks they only stay shiny for a few months now mine look like crap and the aftermarket headers dont last as long and just make ur exhaust more loud raspy and more smog. so in my opinion dont buy them cuz im wishing i didnt it woulda saved me 200$.
    Last edited by jonk8123; 09-20-2010 at 08:58 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

I hope mine dont go bad that quick; I just purchased the same headers posted above.

Buy them! If you're worried about lasting long, paint them with muffler high temp paint from the bottom side, where you'll be expecting rust due to road crap. If you're worried about rasp, Buy a resonator for it. Yes you will need to cut the exhaust somewhere to fit the resonator on, but they will clean up the engine bay a bit and give you more air flow.

I don't really know too much about the 4cyl stuff but I do like headers on the v6! Even if you don't have any noticeable gains, it makes you feel better. Great upgrade if you have weak piping somewhere on the stock headers/downpipe

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I have OBX headers wrap up. I had no problems with them going for 3 month now. I put hi temp paint on them before i wrap them up, also put some silicon spray over the wrap so it wont bring in moister. If you putting a full cat back system like me is a good idea to change the headers to gain the best performance out the system. Remember the engine force it self pushing out the gases out the exaust ports, aftermarket headers have a different port for every piston making the exaust gases to be release faster. Also to gain the max perf you need to change the internal of the engine like pistons, rods, and camshaft to take more air in and let more air out. Is all about your settup.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-30-2010 at 12:34 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Alright guys. Ive got a catback now an thats why i was mainly wondering about these. Im rele not lookn for much of gain but a lil more sound even tho it will be Ricer sounding...It is a mitsubishi 4 cyl. Sooo... lol Appreciate too guys.