The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: timing marks on dohc 4g64

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 71 of 71
    photo shop my pics so i know where the marks should be. IF you will please :-)
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

The galant got new drums/brakes/wheel cylinders brand new all for 15 bucks. also started on my wire tuck tday. figured even if its not fast can still make it look good and drive good.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Whered you score that deal at? haha
    7g for life!

i work at orielly auto parts so i turned my drums for free and a wheel cylinder cost me 6 buck after discount and shoes were 12 buck after discount so 18 bucks. Its so nice i get huge discounts on parts 4g64 dohc timing belt gates brand my cost 28 bucks.

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got it running right. im making tons of power pulls hard sounds good. The exhaust cam has to be above the intake cam. This time i have my knock sensor hooked up when its timed this way and i dont have a massive boost leak from my bov. Im seeing 3rd gear rubber but sounds like clutch may be slipping in second getting a pretty good vibration from over bye the tranny.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    glad i can help now keep her in 1 piece!
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You can feel a clutch slip more then you can here it. If you dont "feel" it slip where the RPMs advance but your speed does not, then I'd say its probably more to do with a mount.

Congrats though :)
    7g for life!

Here are some picks of it after its cleaned up a bit still got some more wire tucking to do. and cleaning.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    looks good man!!!
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Thanks.... JUST A QUICK UPDATE im thinking about getting some arp headstuds. I think my pcv valve is bad or going bad because i can here it rattling during idle. Im doing a compression test tomorrow hope all checks out even. runs way better when its colder out, im still pulling low timing i think im getting knock from my balance shaft bearing, its making a winding noise. Still havent found a scan tool that i can lock my my timing so i can set my base timing. Gonna try and retime it and get it close as possible tomorow. It also still runs rich with a unhacked maf. WIth a hacked maf when its cooler out pulls pretty decent.

Update> So its all done and over with compression is junk head is junk rings are junk what to do what to do...... seeing 120 75 90 140 from left to right as soon as i boost now it just pours smoke outa the exhaust. Did a boost leak test and all of the pressure is coming straight out of my oil cap and breather valve. Wont hold pressure for more than couple seconds. still runs not sure if the head is junk or a combo of the head and rings and or valve seals. Had good even compression before the head swap still really has not been as fast either. Thinking of parting it out or storing it for winter and see what happens next spring.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234